Print Thread
#152375 30/06/06 02:58 AM
M
mhill Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
M
I have been running mIRC for a couple of months and have not had a problem until about 3 weeks ago. It seems that I cannot get voiced now. This happened about the same time that I changed to a lower speed from my ISP. I went from 1.5mg to 256k service on DSL. And that was the only change. I checked with my ISP and I am still on the same IP address. It seems that no one can get files or that I am not sending anymore from what I can determine. I take it that this may be the reason for no voice on Karaoke-Realm. I have read many articles and checked all my settings over and over but can't figure it out. I'm runnig Windows XP sp2 with mIRC v 6.16.

#152376 30/06/06 03:22 AM
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
The assignment of voice status is up to the ops (or possibly half-ops) on the channel. Unless you have a script that is set to remove voice status from you when you get it (which, considering what you've said, sounds unlikely), there is nothing in mIRC that can be causing this.

If you were able to get voice status earlier, I suggest you talk to the ops in the channel to figure out why you aren't getting it now.

#152377 30/06/06 05:04 AM
M
mhill Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
M
Thanks for the suggestion but I have tried talking to the OPs and never get a reply. Perhaps I'm not communicating in the proper manner, ie (/MSG OPs name ?) but I have never had a response, even after several times of lengthly monitoring . Can you tell me if that is the right way to pose a question or get their attention? Or should I type in a question instead of a question mark after the OP's name?
I'm just a bit confused,obviuosly, about how to talk to them.
Thanks for the help

#152378 30/06/06 05:22 AM
M
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
M
Most ops and/or voiced users in file-sharing channels are normally afk... I guess you're just going to have to patiently wait for a response. Bear in mind that some channels do not allow massive private messaging to ops (don't know why *shrugs*)...
As for how to address an op, they're no different to any other user (although some of them just luuuuuv thinking that way)... just be as polite as common sense tells you to be... oh, and yes, it'd be better if you address the problem right away ("excuse me, sorry to disturb your well-deserved resting time, but I happen to have this problem...")

Hope it helps wink

#152379 30/06/06 05:31 AM
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
I couldn't have put it better

Link Copied to Clipboard