mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
I clicked "show all posts" for this user, one post that stands out was he wants a ferari with a fiat motor

and that would be "Saving Motorcars" i'm sure

L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
true, not much usefulness comes out of repeated postings like that from the same person

Those who fail history are doomed to repeat it
D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
Quote:
blah.

WOW! with that arguement how can any of us possably compete!

A
areels Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
A
"If MSN is so beautiful, then why don't you use that instead of mIRC? Like I said before, no one is forcing you to use mIRC. Even if it is the best IRC client around, no one is forcing you to use it. No one is forcing you to use IRC at all."

what a brilliant idea. it diidn't come to my mind before, thanks for illumination.

"mIRC is so versatile, that you or someone else could create external scripts or programs to make mIRC look however you want. Isn't that exactly how Winamp works? You download Winamp, and it is just a simple interface. In order to make it look shiny, you have to download addons (also known as scripts) of different sorts. You'll probably have to pay someone a lot of money to get exactly what you want, but that is the price for being picky."

no they're not good.

"You are just the type of person who wants the world to bend over backwards just to make you happy.
Well, guess what.. that's not how it works. It's not Khaled or anyone else's problem that you are unhappy."
i'm happy.

"Clearly the majority of mIRC users are happy with the appearance as it is now. It is simple to use and it works well. How does that old saying go? "If it isn't broken, don't fix it?""

"If it isn't broken, don't fix it?" is motto of lazy people as i remember. they don't touch something if it's working well. however that prevents improve.

"Edit:
After reading through your previous posts (all are about this same thing) it is pretty clear to me that you don't understand the relationship and differences between mIRC and the IRC protocol. The IRC protocol is a predefined set of rules that all compliant clients (mIRC is a client) must obey in order to be considered compliant. The IRC protocol doesn't support more than 16 colors, images for topics or nicks, flowers or dolphins for modes or any of the other things that you have suggested in the past. Khaled didn't create the IRC protocol (it was created by Jarkko Oikarinen in 1988), so he can't just add features whenever he wants. If he did add some of those features to mIRC and created some way for them to be transported over the existing IRC networks, any other client besides mIRC wouldn't be able to understand what the mIRC codes mean and the channels would be full of gibberish."

yes it's all about this because i've no other problem with mirc. and you say that because of remembering ms comic chat probably. and i'm saying these because i'm seeing what trillian does, it has a good appearance and you can't see gibberishes from trillian users.(oh no, please don't tell me "use trillian then" be smarter.)

A
areels Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
A
"
Quote:
Irc is dieing.

no it isnt"

yes it is. we had channels with 1000 people. now i can't see those big channels around.

"
Quote:
And Khaled is killing it

no, he isnt"
yes he is.Khaled easly can change visual.

"
Quote:
Mirc has the same apperance as v.1 still

Stick with what works. Besides, as others said, there are scripts that can change the look of it. Find one"

no those scripts are not good.

Quote:
We want shiny interface! we want new appearance!

"No, Id rather have a better program than a shiney one. Let's face it, MS's programs are shiney but many people hate them with a passion. AOL's are shiney but hated. MSN is shiney but hated. Shiney does NOT mean good"

msn hated? are you sure?

Quote:
we want something cool!

There is lots of kewl features in mirc - perhaps you should explore them.

Quote:
we want video support! we want audio support!

Some do yes, some dont. Dont PRETEND to speak for the rest of us in your comments when you clearly havent spoken with the bulk of us

Quote:
please khaled do not kill irc. if you can't do it then make mirc open source.

He's not killing IRC or mIRC at all and making it open source wouldnt help the matter at all I dont believe. Besides, this is a source of income for him - give the guy a break. You dont like HIS program? use another or write one yourself. [/quote]

A
areels Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
A
Quote:
Don't worry, this guy will bicker back and forth a few times and then fade into obscurity for a year or so.

-genius_at_work

hehe, good try to prevent my further posts but no, i won't stop.

Z
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Z
Just close this thread and move on.. no point arguing about this.

"All we are saying is give peace a chance" -- John Lennon
A
areels Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
A
Quote:
Just close this thread and move on.. no point arguing about this.

yes and plus ban me cause i want something horrible. oh and i want to destroy earth, where is the buton for that?

Z
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Z
Cut the drama. If we had a vote on your suggestions, they would lose. Democracy.. what are you gotta go *shrug*

"All we are saying is give peace a chance" -- John Lennon
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Everyone has a right to an opinion on every topic, whether it concerns mIRC or not. I really have no problem with people expressing negative views towards mIRC on this forum, that's freedom of speech for you and Khaled can't please everyone. The line is crossed however, when 1) negative views become offensive, or 2) when they are repeated over and over again every few months. The latter concerns you.

I think people have wasted enough time answering you, and moderators have spent enough time locking your threads. Anymore of these style threads from you will be deleted, and yes, you will most likely be banned if you don't stop.

Thanks for understanding, and let's hope your future activities here don't involve so much flame-baiting.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard