mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
L
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
L
Hi there, couldn't seem to find anything about this already, my apologies if I've missed it...

using the following command (in a remote) to open a custom window: window -knz @Custom1
Then adding text to the window with: aline -hp @Custom1 Text

However, I am unable to log to file anything that I put in the custom window, if I use: log on @Custom1
mIRC will report that logging is on, then use the aline command, and /log off, the file doesn't contain anything put to the custom window with aline

I know that I could use /write after the aline to add the text to a file, but I was hoping to use the inbuilt logging of mIRC, so that I can use things like the automatic rotation of filenames by date, without having to write code to do this.

Many thanks in advance

Q
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Q
Lines added with /aline aren't logged, only the ones added with /echo are. /echo is also more flexible than /aline, so you'd better use that instead.

/.timerQ 1 0 echo /.timerQ 1 0 $timer(Q).com
L
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
L
OK, I think I got it...

I think the reason I didn't use echo before was because I wasn't using -m to make the custom window change colour on message input. It was important that the window highlighted when a message was put to it, and I'd not noticed the -m switch on echo before

TY for your input

Link Copied to Clipboard