mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
D
don7007 Offline OP
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
D
I'm on Windows 98. Been using previous versions of MIRC successfully for years. Tried to load the most recent version, mirc617.exe and during the installation process, my virus software protection rejected the installation. My virus protection program is Dr Web www.drweb.com . error message I'm getting about 80% into the installation is: "mirc.tmp\data001 is riskware program" and then I'm given options on what to do with the warning, none of which include continue to install or to ignore the warning. Anyone else having similar problems with Dr. Web?

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Similar 'problems' have been reported for just about every anti-virus program in existence(sp?) If you downloaded mIRC from the official download page located at mIRC Download Page then you can safely tell your anit-virus program to continue with the installation. I would also suggest ensuring that your virus definitions are up-to-date and have a date that is after the release date of mIRC 6.17.

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
I would suggest you get a new antivirus program, andthing that detects "riskware" and wont let you ignore and continue, is arogant or ignorant or both, and would lead me to distrust its actual abilities to protect you.

Link Copied to Clipboard