mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#150252 10/06/06 05:56 AM
W
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
W
How do you access the router table. I'm pretty good on computers, but not to "caught up" on the router table thing. Also, what'd you find out when the Charter guy came over? (I also have charter) You don't happen to be any where near Camp Lejeune, North Carolina do you?

#150253 10/06/06 07:05 AM
W
W
Quote:
How do you access the router table. I'm pretty good on computers, but not to "caught up" on the router table thing. Also, what'd you find out when the Charter guy came over? (I also have charter) You don't happen to be any where near Camp Lejeune, North Carolina do you?

I figured out how to find the router table, but how do I know if it's all messed up?

#150254 10/06/06 03:38 PM
V
VlR0N Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
V
The cable guy came over yesterday and said everything was fine on his end checked my computer and let me see if a new cable modem would help; no it didn't. I also put my laptop on someone elses network and it worked. Also with the routing table, everything is ok. When the charter guy told me that they use dhcp over at their hq, thats when I figured out why all my ip address kept on changing, including the the 3 hops to get there(I am assuming). I had cable before and that never happened. Anyway yes I am in the lejeune area. Where are you? I am running out of ideas, charter guys can't fugure this shi* out then I'm going to have to do something.

#150255 10/06/06 09:22 PM
W
W
I'm in Sneads Ferry...out the back gate of Camp Lejeune. I'm really thinking this problem is revolving around our ISP and I've got no ideas. What ISP have you been jumping to that allows you to download over 400 mb?

#150256 10/06/06 09:47 PM
W
W
I emailed Charter....

"I'm having problems downloading any files over 400 Megabytes. I used to not have any problems in the past, but for the last two weeks or so, I will be downloading any file over 400 mb and it will go fine until I get to 400 and then the transfer will time out. At first I thought this problem was on my end, but after searching several different forums online, there is another customer of yours that lives in the same town as I do having the exact same problem as me. I've chatted online with one of your techs and he said everything's fine on your end. And your other customer having the same problem as me had Charter come out to where he lives and troubleshoot his connection and everthing turned out fine. I used to never have this problem, until about two weeks ago. So I ask you, what have you changed in the last two weeks? Please help. Thank you."

I'll let you know when they reply.

#150257 10/06/06 10:31 PM
V
VlR0N Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
V
Nice work, I went over to my buddies room, he said he had dsl and I tried it, he's in the same building as I am, and it worked. I hope that letter will do something. I don't understand it, there's no prob with my computer, line is good, modem is good, conn is good, wtf? I am running out of ideas, I aslo asked the cable guy if they had imposed any caps on the line and they said no, the only caps they enforce are the ones on p2p software, mirc is to a server with an ip address and you can't put a cap on how much you d/l only how fast so... Right now I'm gonna keep trying to fix it and wait for a response from that letter you wrote.

#150258 16/06/06 11:07 PM
V
VlR0N Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
V
Any news?

#150259 17/06/06 03:35 PM
W
W
I've sent them the same email twice and I think they are ignoring me because I haven't gotten any response at all!?!?

#150260 18/06/06 04:35 PM
V
VlR0N Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
V
I found that using SSL ports with the servers actually gets me downloading at 1-2kb a second, I also found out that maybe sockets has something to do with this problem.

#150261 18/06/06 06:27 PM
W
W
So here's Charter B.S. answer to my problem...

Thank you for contacting Charter Email & Internet Support. I assure you that I will strive to assist you in the best possible manner.

I understand your concern about this issue. Since you have already spoken with us and it has been determined that the issue is not an overall one affecting all of our customers in your area, the problem may be with a program (or with spyware) on your computer that is also on the computer of the person you saw on the forum.

I suggest updating the virus and spyware definitions for any and all antivirus and antispyware programs installed on your computer, and perhaps even surfing to www.download.com to download an extra free antispyware program to use to crosscheck against the one(s) you are already running.

If you have any additional questions regarding your services or need further assistance please contact us via our website http://www.charter.com/service/contact/contact.asp

The Charter High-Speed Advantage, leading the industry; personal antivirus and firewall security suite, telephone service, 5 MB Internet speed, parental controls, games, music and so much more. We invite you to "Live Chat" with us; we would love to hear from you!

Thanks Again,
Internet Email Support Team
Charter Communications

-
--Original Message--
I'm still awaiting a reply to my email...here's a copy of the email I sent to Charter:

"I'm having problems downloading any files over 400 Megabytes. I used to not have any problems in the past, but for the last two weeks or so, I will be downloading any file over 400 mb and it will go fine until I get to 400 and then the transfer will time out. At first I thought this problem was on my end, but after searching several different forums online, there is another customer of yours that lives in the same town as I do having the exact same problem as me. I've chatted online with one of your techs and he said everything's fine on your end. And your other customer having the same problem as me had Charter come out to where he lives and troubleshoot his connection and everthing turned out fine. I used to never have this problem, until about two weeks ago. So I ask you, what have you changed in the last two weeks? Please help. Thank you."

Please contact as soon as you can. Thank you.

...tell me more about the sockets?
...I'm scanning my computer for spyware and the only thing that I've detected is a file called "trojan-backdoor-flood.mirc" I'm going to wait till it finishes scanning and then clean my computer and see if I can download again.

#150262 18/06/06 10:05 PM
D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
send them your bill, cut off at the $4.00 mark, and a copy of there letter, but with you imposed as the writer saying since your other bills get payed it must be there end.

#150263 21/06/06 12:21 AM
V
VlR0N Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
V
I've tried using the ssl on one server and I actually got a steady rate like 5k/sec for like a couple minutes or longer. The server has to support ssl or it won't work and you need two files as well. This is by no means a solution to the problem, I just thought it would see a diffrent reaction. But... I have searched high an low, and I think I am going to have to upgrade my service to the 5/mb a sec cable deal. Maybe that will solve the problem, if it doesn't bye-bye cable, hello 56k modem. Can't believe nobody on the internet or the isp knows anything about this, wish I was back in New York with my Optimum Online; never had a problem with those guys.

#150264 26/06/06 02:52 AM
W
W
Well I've been busy with my family down, but I finally got back on my computer. I formatted the entire computer...started from scratch. Anyways, it didn't fix the problem. (I didn't think it would) It's final, Charter Communications can kiss my @$$. They are lieing to me and I know the problem is on there end. Did upgradeing to 5 mbs help?

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard