mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
G
gomp Offline OP
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
G
Hey, I made another post, but there I did not manage to make myself clear. (full of missunderstandings)

So, I will see if I can this time.

There is already an option in Mirc… (see picture)

Is there a way, to keep logging, ‘Both’ …

Yet only reload, the logs, for ‘Chats’ ?

confused

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
heres a simple method

leave it set to both, and leave it set to reload logs

then press alt-r
click file
click new
and add the following two lines of code to the empty window

on !*:join:#:{ }
on *:join:#:{ clear $chan }

this well simply clear the channel windows when you join.

K
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
K
why not to use me prefix?
on me:*:join:#: clear $chan

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
because its sunday morning, i went out last night and drank to much, and my head hurts still, and i couldnt remember it.

H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
It's undocumented, so it's not wise to use it.

G
gomp Offline OP
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
G
When I joine? ( I have mirck open... with joined channels, and with the topic there.. (I am online 24/7) ... then All I want is for the channles logs, to be reloaded)

And, I do not want the main windows to be cleared..

Thank you for your suggestion, but it would really just make it even worse, as I would have to reloade the topics in every chan!?

(I want there to be a tipic in them)

This is why I wish I could have it reloade only for CHATS.. (when it reloade for both, it looks ugly in the main windows, where I just want it like it is, when one does not reloaded the logg)

My Request: (I wish I could do it like this)
So.. I sit using MIRC, then somomne talkt to me, in Chat, and I will se the reloaded logg.. (or If I talk to them, etc) (I often close Chat windows, before they can reply, and then they reply, and I have to check the log, manually to see what they are commenting on)

BUt, that If i joine a channel, or rejoine a channel I left, it will not reloade the logg..

Can anyone making MIRC, please help me?

confused

Last edited by gomp; 29/05/06 03:09 AM.

I do not speak English. I speak Norwegian. So please bear with my poor English spelling and grammar.
D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
You are such an end use its not funny! You got just what ya asked for but its not what ya wanted!

Its almost funny, you know the company i work for makes $100,000's off other companies that do the same. We make what wre asked for, then when its not whats wantyed, we make what they ask for again, then when its not what they want, we make what they ask for again..... see where this is going.....

on *:connect:{ .disable #join.clear.group | .timer 1 60 .enable #join.clear.group }
#join.clear.group on
#join.clear.group end

The above well disable the clearing of channels for 60 seconds after the server is conencted to. So logs well reload when channels are initial joined on serer connect.

/me sits back and waits for the next problem u didnt mention.

K
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
K
Quote:
It's undocumented, so it's not wise to use it.

From Version.txt mIRC v3.8
Quote:

23.Added "me" prefix to remote definitions, eg.:
me:1:ON JOIN:/msg etc...
This limits a command definition to reacting only to
events caused by your client.

I do not see where it is said it was ommited. It's not in the help file, but I can swear I have seen it somewhere in the faq on mirc.com. It says "This flag is designed to make sure you can make events only work if somebody with exactly the same address as you use does something. This other person normally would be your 2nd instance of mIRC running from the same PC", so I think it means it is documented smile

H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
Hmm I didn't notice it was in versions.txt. I guess that's not really a problem in using it then, although it's deprecated, unless it was just never added to the help file.

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
Quote:
It says "This flag is designed to make sure you can make events only work if somebody with exactly the same address as you use does something. This other person normally would be your 2nd instance of mIRC running from the same PC

Well if thats the case, then ME shouldnt be used, since u dont want a second instance to clear the channel window.

G
gomp Offline OP
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
G
Quote:
You are such an end use its not funny! You got just what ya asked for but its not what ya wanted!

Its almost funny, you know the company i work for makes $100,000's off other companies that do the same. We make what wre asked for, then when its not whats wantyed, we make what they ask for again, then when its not what they want, we make what they ask for again..... see where this is going.....

on *:connect:{ .disable #join.clear.group | .timer 1 60 .enable #join.clear.group }
#join.clear.group on
#join.clear.group end

The above well disable the clearing of channels for 60 seconds after the server is conencted to. So logs well reload when channels are initial joined on serer connect.

/me sits back and waits for the next problem u didnt mention.

Please listen to me?

I want to have the TOPIC in channles..

thus it cannot be cleared. "when I joine" .. (I actualla almost never joine, as I said, I stay online.)

Can you please just look at this picture?

First read number 1, then read number 2..

And I must stress.. .I do not intend on being an [censored], nor am I angry. (I just know no other way to write this)

All I wish for, is another option, so that it Relodes logg, in CHAT,
...but, not in Channels ..

Without me having to turn of the loggin of the Channles ...

Why do you talk about clearing the windows?
I do not want to /clear anything..

I just wish for it to be possible to chose to ONLY reloade the loggs in Chat. And that Channels would be not reloaded.. But just joined as Normal, with the topic there..

confused

Please excuse my bad language?
And I sencerilly do not intent on being stupid in any way, I am intending to humbely ask for help.

Sorry if I did not manag that. smile

I do not speak English. I speak Norwegian. So please bear with my poor English spelling and grammar.
D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
Quote:
All I wish for, is another option, so that it Relodes logg, in CHAT, ...but, not in Channels ..
Without me having to turn of the loggin of the Channles ...

Well thats what i gave you!

Quote:
Why do you talk about clearing the windows?
I do not want to /clear anything..

I told you to LEAVE the option set to RELOAD logs and log BOTH chat and channels.
What my script does is CLEAR the reloaded channels when you join them, (just like joining without reloading the log).
aka
Enter a chat, log reloads
Enter a channel, log reloads, channel(logged) is cleared, topic is displayed as per normal.

Quote:
I just wish for it to be possible to chose to ONLY reloade the loggs in Chat. And that Channels would be not reloaded.. But just joined as Normal, with the topic there..

And thats what this does.

J
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
J
If you cant figure throw this in your remotes
on *:open:?:loadbuf $nick $chat($nick).logfile

If only women came with popup menus and online help.
D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
I was going to say that as well, but i dont like the session id stuff that gets dumped in everywhere frown

PS i think its $query($nick).logfile

J
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
J
Oh yeah I meant $query

Last edited by jizzy; 31/05/06 10:01 AM.

If only women came with popup menus and online help.
G
gomp Offline OP
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
G
Thank you all for helping me.

I must be doing somethign wrong, then. (you are right, I cannot figure)

so now I just did what you said.

I click alt+r and enter: on *:open:?:loadbuf $nick $query($nick).logfile
then clik ok, so it is saved.

then I test, by /msg flasch .. and is still does not reload the logg.
(also tested with other nicks, same thing.) and I tested with another mirc, restarting it, etcetera.
see picture.

confused

Thank you for helping, I obviously need it..

grin

Eidit, Here is another take on how I tested it,.. Maybe one of you can spot what I am doing wrong, from that picture? confused

Last edited by gomp; 17/06/06 03:21 PM.

G
gomp Offline OP
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
G
Woah!

It works now! (kind a/of)

It reloads only when people /msg me, and not when I /msg them..

But that is just fine!

Thank you so much for helping me you people!

Much Love!

Link Copied to Clipboard