mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
K
keeker Offline OP
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
K
hey y'all, i am having a little trouble with if-then-else statements ... i think.

i am trying to make a script that will /splay a song, and also tell me if i have the lyrics for it. my songs are on one drive, and my lyrics on another. i have come up with something, but i cant seem to get it to tell me if the lyrics are there or not. They should be under the exact same filename that the song is in, but has a .txt extension instead of .mp3.

any help you can give me would be appreciated .. oh and i marked my comments in red.

Code:

alias rhp { 
   [color:red] ;sets %i to a random number which it gets from a hash table [/color] 
  set %i $rand(0,$hget(filelist,0).item)
  [color:red]; sets &hp to the actual file name[/color]
  set %hp $hget(filelist,%i).data 
[color:red]  ; if lyrics exists do this: this is where i grab the filename of the mp3 that i want to play, and
  ; munge the filename to where the text file should be, (ex. g:\metalica\metalica - one.mp3  
  ; ==>  c:\lyrics\m\metallica - one.txt), and checks to see if it exists.[/color]
  if ( $exists($lydr $+ $right($left(%hp,4),1) $+ \ $+ $replace($nopath(%hp),.mp3,.txt))) = $true ) {
 [color:red]   ; sets %ly to the text file with the lyrics[/color]
    set %ly $lydr $+ $right($left(%hp,4),1) $+ \ $+ $replace($nopath(%hp),.mp3,.txt) 
    echo -a File $+($chr(35),%i,$chr(58)) $nopath(%hp) :: Lyrics Available
    ;splay %hp
  } 
  else {
    echo -a File $+($chr(35),%i,$chr(58)) $nopath(%hp) :: No Lyrics Available
    ;splay %hp
  }
}

so far i have gotten it to return something like this
Code:
 File #33: Elton John - Rocket Man.mp3 :: Lyrics Available 

the trouble with this code is is that it ONLY returns that message even when i dont have the lyrics, i want it to return "NO LYRICS for %hp" when i do not have the lyrics

ps. i commented out the splay's cause i figgured i dont need them for testing

keek: Scots - intr.v. keeked, keekĀ·ing, keeks
To peek; peep.
S
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
S
In your if statement, you need to use the double ==. However, you actually don't need to use $true/$false here. Instead you can simply do:

Code:
if ($exists(blahblah)) {
  ;do this
}

As long as $exists(blahblah) returns something other than 0, then it makes the condition true. It will only return 0 if the file does not exist, at which point the script does not proceed any further. In an if-else, unless you specifically check for the condition to be numerically 0, then a 0 represents a false condition and anything non-0 is a true condition.

Here's a simplified version. I used $iif() in place of the if-else since it's doing a simple check. It saves a line or two of code. Have a look at /help $iif to see how it works.

Code:
alias rhp {
  var %i = $r(0,$hget(filelist,0).item), %hp = $hget(filelist,%i), %ly = $replace(%hp,.mp3,.txt)
  if ($exists($+($lydr,%hp))) {
    echo -a File $+($chr(35),%i,$chr(58)) $nopath(%hp) :: $iif($exists($+($lydr,%hp)),Lyrics,No Lyrics) Available
  }
}

K
keeker Offline OP
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
K
Thank You for the quick response schaefer31, it works pretty good now after a little filename tweaking .... but i had to use set instead of var = . dont know why, but its working now smile thanks

keek: Scots - intr.v. keeked, keekĀ·ing, keeks
To peek; peep.
Q
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Q
$exists() returns either $true or $false, not numbers or anything else. Also, "and anything non-0 is a true condition." isn't actually correct. $null and $false are non-zero values, yet if ($null) and if ($false) are false conditions.

/.timerQ 1 0 echo /.timerQ 1 0 $timer(Q).com
Q
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Q
You should change your start value in $rand() from 0 to 1. Almost all indices in mirc start from 1 and a 0 index usually means "total number of items". Note that you won't notice the problem unless $rand() happens to return 0. In this case, %hp will be set to $hget(filelist,0).data (total number of items)

/.timerQ 1 0 echo /.timerQ 1 0 $timer(Q).com

Link Copied to Clipboard