Print Thread
#149525 20/05/06 12:49 PM
A
aidacuk Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
A
ok basically im at work, which is very boring, and every downloading program ive downloaded wont connect to a server or to anything lol. i think it could be something to do with our computers stopping us making outgoing connections? or it could be a router/port? anyway i dont have a clue what to do with routers/ports. so any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks smile

#149526 20/05/06 01:05 PM
M
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
M
most likely it's the first option you suggested, in which case you should ask your tech assistance dep't... if that's not the case, and they're not blocking any ports, then do a "search" in this forum, expand the time limit for results, and look for the word 'router' or 'configuring router', as this topic has been mentioned quite a few times.

Hope it helps wink

Be nice to nerds. Chances are you'll end up working for one.
#149527 20/05/06 01:11 PM
A
aidacuk Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
A
ok thanks for the help, but i cant help the tech help dep't because im pretty sure we're not supposed to be downloading things grin i was just tryin to see if there was anything i could do to get past them and download things, ive been searching the net for solutions since 7 this morning, and it looks like theres nothing i can do frown

thanks anyway smile

Link Copied to Clipboard