Print Thread
#149513 20/05/06 06:43 AM
J
jgjj Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
J
ok i read through the posts here on this subject...thought i had it made but....... anyway 2 friends cannot send a wav or any file...it always says timed out could not connect.....i had them turn off the firewall and try no deal...i had them turn off the anti virus.(.they both have norton)....no dice....i had them do the dns and say ip and also did the last thing...still can't send.....i can send to them no problem tho sometimes they can't hear the wav i sent and have to send again then it works..... also had them check make sure settings in mirc were right.......any more ideas please.... confused

Last edited by jgjj; 20/05/06 06:45 AM.
R
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
R
Perhaps your friends are behind NAT or some other mechanism that shares IPs between several computers, and thus you can't connect to them. This mechanism is often present in certain broadband routers, for instance, and can often be bypassed or turned off.

I assume that you're not behind a firewall that blocks DCC?

J
jgjj Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
J
others send dcc and we connect with no problem....both have turned the fire wall off rebooted and tried and still can't send....but they can recieve.

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
do they have a router?

J
jgjj Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
J
one has cable and the other is on satilite...one on satilite is networked...no router just pc to pc.......i just networked my pcs sunday but this all was happening long befor that...

J
jgjj Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
J
can having mirc 16 bit or32 bit have anything to do with it? i have had mirc for yrs so maybe they don't even give ya a choice anymore but was a thought that i had...

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
get them to do these commands

//localinfo -h

then wait 5 seconds

//echo PC's ip is $ip

then

//localinfo -u

then wait 5 seconds

//echo Internet ip is $ip