mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
G
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
G
hey there,
I have a pretty weird prob. I'm using a script on 2 pcs, one with os 98, one with os xp. this script uses the 6.03 version.
runnin the script with the 98 machine is fine, but when i launch it on the xp one, i'm gettin a virus alert.
The kinda funny thing is I use the same virus prog (anit virus kit professional) on both PCs.
the prog detects an IRC/ReklamB* in the mirc.ini file on the xp machine. I've been spending hours to find out what's wrong with it- unsuccessful so far.
as for the script, I know the person who coded it, he's as concerned bout it as I am.
Maybe somebody in here can help me with it.
Thanks a lot!
if anybody needs the file, i can email it!

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
did you compare the two to be sure there arent changes in the one on the xp machine? While some av's have been known to give whats called false positives it doesnt make sense why it would on one but not the other unless there is some (perhaps minor) diff. course then again, xp seems to do some odd inexplicable things all by itself. i would start by comparing the two ini's line by line, ditto the scripts in question.

Looking at this page i'd also check to see if you have a script.ini and check win.ini

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
My guess is a false positive unless the file has been over-written by a trojan that has been downloaded from a website. This happened to me once and the first thing I did was unzip mIRC to a new folder then scan the new mirc.ini and see if the same thing happened, it did. Once the next round of virus definitions was released the problem went away.

Sometimes AV programmes do get it wrong. When a legitimate file does get sprung, it still pays to double check though.

G
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
G
hey guys,
thanks for your help.
we solved the prob with loading each script.ini manually- no more alerts. the AV prog doesn't detect anything- so its alright now.
thanks a lot anyways!

Link Copied to Clipboard