mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
F
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
F
Sometimes mIRC will fail to tell me when I have been disconnected. I always get that "ping? pong!" thing every now and then in the status window, but when they stop coming, mIRC just sits there like everything's fine. I either need to send text or ping someone before it realizes it's been disconnected. If I do not send text, it can go as long as two hours or more before it finally sees that I have been disconnected.

I spend most of my time connected to sorcery.net, if that helps.

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Make sure you're using mIRC 6.17 and have the option "Check for timed out connection" enabled in ALT+O > Connect > Options.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
F
OP Offline
F
Thank you for the advice. I have tried 6.17 for the past week, and it has helped cut down how long it takes to recognise it's been disconnected, but it still takes a while. It doesn't take an hour to find out, but it does take between 15-30 minutes to find out sometimes. Is there a way I can cut this down to maybe 5 minutes? I hate going idle for any length of time and not be aware of when I get disconnected.

O
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
O
For older versions of mIRC you could also write a script, that checks the connection every now and then (ping yourself basicly).

I did that, and now there is automaticly a ping to myself every minute. Then as soon as your connection is gone, the ping will fail, mIRC will know its disconnected, and should connect again.

I
Babel fish
Babel fish
I
are you behind a router ? if so does your router block your ping ( TCP ) ?

R
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
R
i had the same problem .. change the frimware on ur router to fix this
cool cool cool cool cool cool

Link Copied to Clipboard