mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#147008 12/04/06 03:19 PM
P
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
P
Some of these ideas may have been posted before but i didn't find anything with search so im just gunna list everything i can think of.

1) Line numbers on the left.
2) Code block Expand/Reduce.
3) Auto Indent after pressing Return.
4) Comment/Uncomment selected range.
5) Comments ending in { indent the lines after them when you open the editor, which gets annoying and shouldn't happen.
6) Find/Replace with Wildcard and Regex support.
7) Syntax highlighting.
8) Better View menu. When you reach the limit it should start putting them into sub menus, instead of having More... placed at the end. Or at least order the list in the More Files dialog in the order they where in the menu.

Thats all i can think of right now. Anyone who wants to add stuff i'll edit this post with your suggestion.

- poiuy_qwert
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Quote:
4) Comment/Uncomment selected range.
This can already be done using /* to start the range of lines that are to be treated as comments, and */ to end the range

Quote:
1) Line numbers on the left.
Personally if this was to be implemented, I would hope that there would be a way to disable it for those that don't want it.

Quote:
6) Find/Replace with Wildcard and Regex support.
While I can't speak for the regex, it seems to me that the Find/Replace (on the find part) already does a wildcard search with the format of <search string*>

H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
RusselB:

Quote:
This can already be done using /* to start the range of lines that are to be treated as comments, and */ to end the range

Many editors have a "Comment/uncomment selected range" option in right click menus that automatically comments all of the selected text. It's pretty much a standard IDE feature.

Quote:
Personally if this was to be implemented, I would hope that there would be a way to disable it for those that don't want it.

Agreed. Being able to change the colour and font would be a plus too.

Quote:
While I can't speak for the regex, it seems to me that the Find/Replace (on the find part) already does a wildcard search with the format of <search string*>

It does *search string* so the suggestion still stands. Allowing us to control the way it searches with wildcards would be nice.

poiuy_qwert:

Editor enhancements have been suggested MANY times. Try using the search feature to see the arguments brought up for/against them being added.

I can't see the editor being updated in the near future because it's not as important as many other things. I'd love to see it updated also.

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Oh yeah it would be such a bliss coding MSL in a dreamweaver code editor like enviroment, i darent hope for this though.
In general i feel that mIRC's dialog design are a decade old.

$maybe
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
breakpoints?

What do you do at the end of the world? Are you busy? Will you save us?
#147013 18/04/06 07:35 PM
E
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
E
I didn't see this list of suggestions before i posted two of my own. I agree with the line numbers on the left. I don't see how this could be un-userfriendly.

I'm not quite sure who would disable it. Macromedia incorporated it into their program Dreamweaver a long time ago, and they have not received any heat for implementing it. Good feature IMO.

#147014 18/04/06 09:45 PM
D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
Quote:
I didn't see this list of suggestions before i posted two of my own. I agree with the line numbers on the left. I don't see how this could be un-userfriendly.

I would find it a waste of screen space, the number of times i have needed to know what line number im at is so few and far between that the "cusor at line number" counter has been fine.
(still if it was optional I would have no problems with it at all)

#147015 24/04/06 09:28 AM
I
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
I
well i would love it !

if used it far enough

u are probely a pretty skilled oder so u dontm ake many mistakes but some ppl still do

Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
mSE.dll by da^hype ?
Still buggy but it sounds like a fine project actually.

Link Copied to Clipboard