echo -s Test [b]Test[/b]
}

NaquadaBomb
www.mirc-dll.com
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Using the Bold commands from the forum will not work as bold commands in mIRC, as they are not configured the same.

To use the Bold in mIRC, use CTRL+B to turn the Bold on/off

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
I think he realises that, he means the UBB tags don't work inside the code tags. :tongue:

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
N
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
N
Thank you Mentality... smile

NaquadaBomb
www.mirc-dll.com
H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
I think that's intended. Anything within [code ][ /code] should be interpreted as plaintext imo. What if I post a script that uses [b ]?

G
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
G
What if you post code that has [ color:red ] in it?

-genius_at_work

H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
I think that should be interpreted as plaintext too, although it's much less likely to appear than [b ]

N
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
N
When would any of the tag used in these forums ever appear in an mIRC script?? wink

NaquadaBomb
www.mirc-dll.com
D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
Quote:
When would any of the tag used in these forums ever appear in an mIRC script?? wink

Code:
msg $nick Options are...
msg $nick [a] !join : joins the game
msg $nick [b] !part : parts the game
msg $nick [c] !burp : burps the baby

A
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
A
You can probably make a script to have mIRC interpret the UBB Codes as what they should be. I've seen this with Wikipedia's script which interprets any text within two brackets [[example]] to link to a the appropriate Wikipedia page, ex. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/example.

N
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
N
Nice try, but not good enough... wink

There still no practical reason, in your example. Each tag could be replaced with a "*", No need to "a,b,c" options. The only reason I see to have them in the script would be for multiple choice trivia.

So IF someone had a script with multiple choice, that also specifically used [b ] rather than any other format of choice (such as "b)", "b:", "b>", "b]") then they would have a problem posting their script...

Or give us the ability to use those bold and color tags so we can easily point out in ANY script were problems are... Maybe make "[b ] to [bold]"??? When would that appear in an miRC script? wink

NaquadaBomb
www.mirc-dll.com
A
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
A
I guess this could help when you are copying BBCode from a forum to a chat, but I don't really see the point for that.

It *MIGHT* make scripting easier because some don't know the how the control characters look. For example, the underline control character is indistinguishable (visually) in the mIRC editor from a space, so having [ u] in this case would be a lot easier for debugging. Colors and bold have less of a case.

Last edited by ARcanUSNUMquam; 09/04/06 06:09 PM.
D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
you said "When would any of the tag used in these forums ever appear in an mIRC script??" I showed you one. You cant go changing the definition of your question afterwards.
Thats just not cricket old chap LOL smile

H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
Thing is.. why WOULD you want the tags to be interpreted? It's fairly safe to assume that anything between [code ][ /code] is a mIRC snippet, so it should be interpreted as plaintext. If bbcode should be interpreted, then why not smileys too? Ever tried giving somebody code on msn? It's annoying wink

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
It's damn annoying to give code on MSN, fortunately there's the option to quickly disable smilies, as stuff often doesn't come out properly.

Gone.
H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
Afaik that only disables smileys on your side.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Evidently, that's why the other person also has to turn it off smile

Gone.
T
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
T
Yea, the question really isn't whether or not anyone's ever going to post UBB-like code inside their snippet.

The question is, is it logical to format inside code segments? And I'd say no. Code is code.. the whole point of the code segments is to provide a plaintext area where you can post plaintext without it getting garbled.

Last edited by Mentality; 17/04/06 08:18 PM.

<Ingo> I can't uninstall it, there seems to be some kind of "Uninstall Shield"

Link Copied to Clipboard