Print Thread
#146129 31/03/06 01:20 PM
L
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
L
Can someone please help a newbie?

I must have missed something. I have followed all the steps through completing registration. I received a message that said I am registered. Then the next step is to join the #karaoke-realm channel and wait to be voiced...about a minute.

I did all of that and waited for about 10 minutes; and I am still not voiced. What have I missed?

#146130 31/03/06 01:25 PM
M
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
M
voicing, devoicing, opping and deopping is up to the people who "rule" the channel (bwa-ha-ha-ha! a.k.a evil laughter) and it's not an automatic feature of mIRC... you might have to ask them why is it that you're not getting voiced.

Hope it helps wink

Be nice to nerds. Chances are you'll end up working for one.
#146131 31/03/06 01:40 PM
L
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
L
Thanks. I sent an email to "those that rule" so we'll see.

#146132 31/03/06 02:42 PM
M
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
M
Btw, many people tend to confuse mIRC registration (when you pay for the use of the piece of software) and nickname registration (which is for free and is independant to every network (i.e. you register your nickname with DALNet, and then you also register your nickname with Undernet -no spam intended, guys...).
It seems that to enter that channel of yours, you need to register your nickname... if that's what you've done, I believe that a simple private message to any of the ops in that channel would bring the topic about you not getting voiced when you should... not many people respond to emails grin

Be nice to nerds. Chances are you'll end up working for one.

Link Copied to Clipboard