mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
C
ChRoNoN Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
C
I have several modules on my mIRC, I consider which remote file a module. So, each file add one or more itens to pop-up menus (channel, status, query, menubar) at a specific main item. Let me make things more clear:

Code:
(some random remote file)
menu channel {
 Utilities
 .My Tool1:/dosomething
}

(another random remote file)
menu channel {
 Utilities
 .My Tool2:/dosomethingelse
}

So on...

My problem is that the resulting menu is something like this: (not the script but the actual menu, I'm just using a script to illustrate the resulting menu)

Code:
Utilities
.-
.My Tool1:/dosomething
.-
.My Tool2:/dosomethingelse
.-
.Another item:/command
.-
.Another item:/command

I HATE THIS IMPLICIT SEPARATORS, is there a way to remove them?

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
I don't know what you're doing, that's bring up those separators. The only script that I have that has separators has them included in the code.

R
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
R
I don't think there is a way to remove them, aside from using just *one* single 'menu channel {' instead of two.

Yes I know this can be a hassle.. but it's the only real way to deal with it..

example, your first menu channel { } is located in one.mrc, and the second one is in two.mrc, you could remove both menu channel { }'s from there and then use:

Code:
menu channel {
  Utilities
  .$iif($script(one.mrc),My Tool1) :/dosomething
  .$iif($script(two.mrc),My Tool2) :/dosomethingelse
}

This may not be the best way to deal with it.. but if you know the script is loaded and know that the menu is in there no matter what, then you can use something like this, and just comment out the old menu channel { }'s.

C
ChRoNoN Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
C
I see, I guess I will use your way of doing it.

But I think Khaled should remove those implicit separators...they don't make any sense..

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
I have one problem with your suggestion, Rand, and that is the fact that I have numerous menu commands over multiple scripts, and I don't have the separators as mentioned in the original post.

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Quote:
But I think Khaled should remove those implicit separators...they don't make any sense..

not in mrc files Unless something was deliberately done to make them with maybe a dll or something.

Last edited by MikeChat; 21/03/06 07:46 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard