Print Thread
#145170 19/03/06 08:40 PM
R
REVILO Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
R
I AM LOOKING FOR HELP FROM A "ONE WHO KNOWS".
I KEEP GETTING BLANK BOXES ON VARIOUS SITES ON THE INTERNET. IN THE TOP CORNER IS A VERY SMALL BOX CONTAINING A SMALL SQUARE, CIRCLE AND TRIANGLE.
I HAVE TURNED OFF ALL THE POP UP BLOCKERS ETC. BUT I STILL GET THIS REGULARLY. SOMETIMES I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO SEE WHAT IS IN THE BOX. IF IT IS ONLY ADVERTS THEN I CAN FORGET IT. ANY IDEAS.

#145171 19/03/06 09:29 PM
S
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
S
Sounds like you're seeing a lot of missing images, like:

If I entered the proper URL for the image, you'd see:

This could be the result of a badly configured webpage, your system having problems resolving the server the images are hosted at, or your system is configured to block access to the image server (probably with the HOSTS file).

You'd need to find out more about exactly what images aren't showing, by right clicking the broken image and selecting properties. See if you can find a pattern as to why it's happening.

Hope this helps smile

#145172 19/03/06 09:42 PM
G
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
G
I think you are describing a "rosetta stone" image. If I recall correctly, that means that you are missing the required software to display that object. Such objects could be java, flash, shockwave, etc. If you could give an example of a page that shows those missing images, someone could help more easily.

BTW, This isn't a "www help forum". It is a mIRC help forum.

-genius_at_work

#145173 20/03/06 05:38 PM
R
REVILO Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
R
Thanks for the Help, I'll try and find out more!

Link Copied to Clipboard