mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
A
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
A
Some lame clients or scripts will send every line of text with a color code at the beginning. If the color is the same as another person's background color, that person will be unable to see it. If they were using mIRC versions up to 6.16, they could still see the text by highlighting it. In 6.17, this doesn't work any more, thus forcing them to copy/paste to see what was said.

To test it out type: //echo $chr(3) $+ 0,0invisible and try to highlight the resulting line. It works in 6.16 but not in 6.17.

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
This has been reported several times. Khaled has said he will try and reverse the behaviour to behave as closely as past mIRCs in the next bugfix release. See this thread.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
i tried your example with a white background, and when i hold down mouse and drag, i see the data.

Help others! It makes the world a better place, Makes you feel good, and makes you Healthy!
S
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
S
I kinda like it like this...

mIRC 6.21 - Win XP Pro (SP2) - 2.4 Ghz - 1 GB Mem
irc.x-tab.org
T
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
T
Quote:
I kinda like it like this...

What's the point of having it like this?

Sure it makes a sort of logical sense that the relationship between the foreground and the background be maintained, especially if you happen to be one of those people who likes using 'invisible' characters to create long disgusting patterns to make flags and such like...

... but the original poster is right, the main thing when you highlight is that you're either copying to clipboard, or you're trying to see what some lame sod has erroneously written invisibly to you.

Fixing the latter has surely got to be more important.

<Ingo> I can't uninstall it, there seems to be some kind of "Uninstall Shield"

Link Copied to Clipboard