mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
S
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
S
I have hunted & searched & can't find an answer. I keep getting:
Unable to resolve server I know that the server is up and running because a friend is on it now. I am only having this problem on some of the servers. Also this problem started after my computer crashed and I had to reformat my computer. Is there somewhere I can check to make sure I put the correct info/ Irc Server name, Description, channel name ect. I had to add the Server & Channel, neither was in the IRC list. I want to check that I put the right info where it is supposed to go...
I really appreciate your help, I have looked everywhere I can think of and have been at this for 2 days now. I am not that good with computers so I need you to keep it simple please.

Thanks a Million,
SCBeachBum confused

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
If the network is not in the servers.ini file that comes with mIRC (and is also available as a separate download) then you need to add the network and server or servers for that network.
To add a network & server to the list for your usage (this will not add it to the list that is inlcuded with mIRC)
1) Press the ALT key and the o key simultaneously
2) Select Connect
3) Select Servers
4) Click Add
5) Fill in the information in the dialog box that should have popped up
6) Click Add
7) Click Connect To Server
8) Join the channel or channels on that network that you want to chat in
9) Enjoy your chat
10) IF APPLICABLE repeat instructions 1 through 6 for additional networks and/or servers

Link Copied to Clipboard