mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
G
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
G
I don't know how viable this would be, but my suggestion is that there be a list of words that can be tab-completed into the editbox. Currently the nicks and #chans can be completed, but it may be useful to be able to complete other things as well, such as websites, common commands, etc. The exact things that are allowed in the list (spaces, special characters, etc) would depend on what would work in mIRC. If possible, multiple words could be included in a single item, like typing "//mo<tab>" could return "//mode" and then "//mode $me" etc.

Also, there could be options for the completion list. Either for each item or for the whole list, the user could choose in what order similar items are displayed (by moving them up or down the list), and also whether they are displayed before or after the regular items (nicks and #chans). An option to enable/disable each item as well as to enable/disable the whole custom completion system, or enable it only in certain windows/channels.

Comments?

-genius_at_work

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
Tab completion works of the nicklist/listbox of the window, try it with a @window you can tab complete anything in the listbox.

I would assume its based on this for channels as well.

What woukd be nice is the ability to trap keydown in a channel and cursor position in editbox so your suiggestion could be scripted in.
(not that i dont think your suggestion doesnt have some nice merit to it!)

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Quote:

What woukd be nice is the ability to trap keydown in a channel and cursor position in editbox so your suiggestion could be scripted in.

That's something I've longed for. It'd have saved a bit of hassle here. smile

-Andy

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
I have actually seen some others say they know a method of trapping keys in those windows,
But have never seen them say what it was, "to sensitive" was given, as a reason open to abuse.
I say bahhahaha to that!,
If someone has mannaged to get code into the mirc to do the keytrap, well they could just as easily have added code to do anything at all, so whats the difference.

Link Copied to Clipboard