mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
R
Rikardo Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
R
What about adding more channel modes at Channel Central? I think they are so few chmodes actually. I'm sure they are more modes available on most IRCds that can be included at /channel.

Suggestion #2: remove bans/excepts/invites only after clicking OK as does with modes flags. Also, will be cool if possible to add bans/excepts/invites from Channel Central.

Suggestion #3: officialize some translations of mIRC because lots of scripters translate mIRC their own and distribute it as is.

Suggestion #4: mIRC should be freeware. Why Opera browser can and mIRC not?

Suggestion #5: support for displaying color/text codes at nicklist like CTRL+K, CTRL+B, CTRL+U, CTRL+R, CTRL+O.

Suggestion #6: support for italic text CTRL+I as other IRC clients does.

Trivial Suggestion #7: new toolbar and program icons for mIRC.

My Network:
irc.ValeChat.org
(para Brasileiros principalmente) (for Brazilians)
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
The vast majority of these other modes are non standard and differ from ircd to ircd, which im guessing is why they have not been added.

2: What if you remove them (and mirc waits for the ok), but then you decide one of those marked to be removed should stay, you have to hit cancel and start over? I personally think its fine the way it is with dealing with b/e/i.

4: khalad has to eat just like everybody else, he also often donates conciderable amounts of the proceeds to charities... just coz you dont feel like paying for it, doesn't mean it should be free. Although you notice registration is not required anyway, the program will not cease to work in any way shape or form if you refuse to support it.

5: not fond of this at all, and i think implementing it could weild very messy results (nicknames with numbers in them would cause problems fex). Displaying certain nicks/nicktypes in certain colors however is already availible, check Address Book > 'Colors' tab.

Last edited by Om3n; 25/02/06 06:25 PM.

"Allen is having a small problem and needs help adjusting his attitude" - Flutterby
R
Rikardo Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
R
Quote:
The vast majority of these other modes are non standard and differ from ircd to ircd, which im guessing is why they have not been added.

I think those modes are used in near all IRCds, or at least at the most popular ones: c,R,S,O,A and M(maybe). Note I don't mention incomplete/other-style IRCds like undernet and few others, but UnrealIRCd, PTlink, bahamut, ratbox, hybrid etc.

Quote:
2: What if you remove them (and mirc waits for the ok), but then you decide one of those marked to be removed should stay, you have to hit cancel and start over?

I'll not develop the system funcionality, but I don't like the bans being removed before I click OK, and the chanmodes only after that.

Quote:
4: khalad has to eat just like everybody else, he also often donates conciderable amounts of the proceeds to charities... just coz you dont feel like paying for it

Most people from in-development countries doesn't have enough money to pay for each software they need to use.
Also, big software developers are releasing their software as freeware or open source. This includes Microsoft and the already mentioned Opera Browser. They also need to eat for survive... and about the Open Source community?

Quote:
5: [...] Displaying certain nicks/nicktypes in certain colors however is already availible, check Address Book > 'Colors' tab.

I mention support for the color/text codes if the nick contains their and, of course, if the IRCd supports this. I don't ask for only mIRC superficial nick's color, but support those codes from the IRCd. Yes, this is very anti-protocol, but it's possible to implement.

Thanks, Ricardo.

My Network:
irc.ValeChat.org
(para Brasileiros principalmente) (for Brazilians)
G
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
G
Quote:
Most people from in-development countries doesn't have enough money to pay for each software they need to use.

grin

If you don't want to pay for software, Click Here.

-genius_at_work

Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
Quote:
I think those modes are used in near all IRCds, or at least at the most popular ones: c,R,S,O,A and M(maybe). Note I don't mention incomplete/other-style IRCds like undernet and few others, but UnrealIRCd, PTlink, bahamut, ratbox, hybrid etc.
modes.. c is not as common as you think, R differs from network to network S maybe, OA are oper settable only so not much use for the average mirc user, and M is like R

Quote:
I'll not develop the system funcionality, but I don't like the bans being removed before I click OK, and the chanmodes only after that.
to each there own i guess, but i suppose using the new checklist dialog control in mirc could be put to good use in channel central.

Quote:
Also, big software developers are releasing their software as freeware or open source. This includes Microsoft and the already mentioned Opera Browser. They also need to eat for survive... and about the Open Source community?
ms and other such companies that develope advance software products for free can offord to hire teams to code stuff that they will distribute for free, i just think the suggestion to make it freeware is mute since registration is not required in the first place.
Quote:
I mention support for the color/text codes if the nick contains their and, of course, if the IRCd supports this. I don't ask for only mIRC superficial nick's color, but support those codes from the IRCd. Yes, this is very anti-protocol, but it's possible to implement.
i understood what you meant, and again to each there own, just not something i'd personally like to see. And i think it would very likely cause significant problems in many clients not just mirc.

anyways, jmo

Last edited by Om3n; 26/02/06 04:14 PM.

"Allen is having a small problem and needs help adjusting his attitude" - Flutterby

Link Copied to Clipboard