mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
R
RusselB Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
R
First off, if someone else has already mentioned this, I'm sorry for bringing it up in another post, but I wasn't able to find anything regarding this specifically.
When running 6.16 and closing the dialog editor, it seemed to close a lot faster than what it does in 6.17. I don't have specific timings, as I'm unsure as to how I would go about getting proper numbers.
My system is a PIV 1.6 with 512M ram, running Windows XP Pro (SP2)

Anyone else found this? or am I imagining things.

P.S.: If someone can suggest a way for me to do an actual timing, I'd love to see if there really is a difference or not.

D
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
D
here is a little slow too, the dialog editor and the alt + b

Babel fish
Babel fish
It may be that 6.17 is giving more to your anti-virus than the earlier version...I'm not sure. Usually the slow closing editor results are due to your anti-virus. Try disabling it and see how much quicker it closes. I don't know if what I'm saying rings at all in such true, but it's a start. Actually, it's not THAT much slower, but it's noticeably different.

-Zmodem
R
RusselB Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
R
Even with my anti-virus turned off (which is not something I like to do), I timed opening a new remote file with my watch, and got a time of 4.8 seconds (using the stopwatch mode) with 6.17, vs. 2.4 seconds with 6.16.

Closing the script editor, again with just an empty file, had a time of 6.6 seconds with 6.17 and 3.3 seconds with 6.16

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
I do not experience this. XP/6.17. Comp's been on for 2 weeks, mIRC up for 1 and a half days, no antivirus enabled.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
My computer gets noticeable slowdowns for alot of things (playing songs, viewing websites, playing games) after being on for a day or two but I can't reproduce this having had my pc on for 3 days.

R
RusselB Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
R
Hmm..maybe I need to shut down and then restart my computer, as this system's showing being up for nearly a month (4wks 6days 22hrs 40mins according to $uptime)

A
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
A
I have a 498mhz with 255 megs ram and its been up for 5 weeks. I notice no difference in the speed of mIRC. Allbeit mirc does slow down as do all programs from time to time.

Link Copied to Clipboard