mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
I really have to say, as this doesnt effect all video cards using extened screens (multi monitors) only a few, this truely IMO points to it being video driver specific, whcih means mirc isnt going slow, its the cards drivers (or the card) that isnt going fast. I dont see why any program should have to code around a problem in a subset of possable hardware. I mean that was one of the ideas behind the windows gui, to be able to remove need to have to deal with specific hardware but the programs that are running on it.

If your system responds crapply then dont expect mirc to fix it, else the next person well be demanding that mirc make there connection speed better on there 56k modem.

ps: also rememer should Klahed try to fix this (i dont think he should but thats not my call), he first has to reproduce it, whcih given that he hasnt fixed it so far I assume he hasnt been able to do.

V
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
V
Had a few to drink? O_X grin

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
no have u?

J
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
J
How are you sure it's hardware specific? Are you sure it wasn't a change in something from 6.16 to 6.17?

If it's video card specific, we should find out which video cards and drivers this issue relates to. I'm running dual display with an ATi Radeon 9500 Pro using ATi's 5.12 drivers (old, I know). The issue doesn't exist in mIRC 6.16, yet exists in 6.17.

Could you link where Khaled tried to fix this?

Again, kudos to Khaled for great software!

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
The display method for mIRC 6.17 was changed so that it updates the text display more smoothly and with less flicker. The method is more graphics intensive and it seems that slower systems, or those with certain graphics cards and/or drivers, experience a slowdown in the display because of this. I'll be changing it back to the old display method in the next version :-)

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard