mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#139654 17/01/06 08:18 AM
C
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
C
Just a simple suggestion. I think it would be great if we had the ability to use backgrounds with custom windows/picture windows. Something like a /background switch or something....

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Custom windows can already be given a background using /background.

E.g.
/background -f @test c:\windows\Greenstone.bmp

Picture windows are slightly different, but you can emulate a background using /drawpic.

C
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
C
Sorry... I meant to say without using /drawpic I need to draw stuff without the images flashing (even when cached...)

I just think if I could put a background picture in my picture window it would solve my problem

Sat Offline
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Quote:
I need to draw stuff without the images flashing

That's what the -n switch is for, see the helpfile page on /drawdot..

Saturn, QuakeNet staff
C
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
C
ok I'll give you that on the -n ... I skipped the last sentence for some reason when reading about the switch and couldn't figure out how to update it. Stupid mistake. But I would still like the ability to draw on top of the background without having to keep re-drawing the background picture... Shouldn't be so hard to implement, can't believe it hasn't been already.

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
it shouldnt be that much extra load if you cache the image
Quote:
The -c switch indicates that the bitmap should be cached. This greatly speeds up subsequent references to this bitmap. If you specify -c and the bitmap is already in the cache, it is loaded and used from the cache, otherwise it is reloaded from the file. You can clear the entire cache with /drawpic -c.

That in combination with the n switch.b However this suggestion does no harm and i see no reason why it shouldnt be implemented.

$maybe
M
Babel fish
Babel fish
M
Quote:
I would still like the ability to draw on top of the background without having to keep re-drawing the background picture...

Could you explain what you mean by this? If you're wanting a smaller picture loaded on top of the background picture, as long as you indicate the co-ordinates for it I don't think it redraws the background. If you're looking to undo that drawing (?) or redraw the part of the background that the smaller picture loaded over, you can use the -c switch with the second set of co-ordinates in the /drawpic command for the background image.

Link Copied to Clipboard