Print Thread
L
link107 Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
L
Hello,
Is MAC address banning feasible using mirc if so can someone provide the script for the same as i am tired of banning a persons ip over and over again . I contacted their isp also than they ask send proof how am i supposed to send proof of annoyance?

A
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
A
Interesting idea. I guess that using arp you could indeed ban by mac address; but then you would have to ping every person and resolve their address to a MAC to check it, which could well be a bit of a killer.

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Why not ban them using one of the wildcard masks, then don't remove the ban?

For more information on the options for the masks read /help $mask

The format to ban someone from a channel, using a specific mask is /ban <-k> #channel Nick <ban_mask>

the -k is only needed if the person is in the room and you want to kick them out using the same command.

<ban_mask> is a number from 0 to 19, which are documented in the mIRC help file under $mask

L
link107 Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Russel , i use mirc for an online game and the script doesnt have channels but has different format . So masking just bans lots of users from same city / town which is not fair. So only MAC address remains as the solution i have also used tracebans ( banning city only ) but which results again in unfair banning + now a days people got some ip changer tools so banning ip and specially subnet is of no use , so if mac address banning is possible please someone let me know .

Sat Offline
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
There is no reliable way to obtain someone's MAC address over the Internet, given only his IP address. Besides, MAC addresses can be changed more easily than IP addresses these days. I'd give up on this idea if I were you..

Saturn, QuakeNet staff
L
link107 Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Quote:
There is no reliable way to obtain someone's MAC address over the Internet, given only his IP address. Besides, MAC addresses can be changed more easily than IP addresses these days. I'd give up on this idea if I were you..

I think changing mac address is not that common as changing ips so i guess its not feasible to do mac bans.

Link Copied to Clipboard