mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#138069 23/12/05 08:24 PM
U
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
U
Some XDCC recieves go perfectly fine on my computer. Sometimes XDCC recieves will kill my entire internet connection after say 2 minutes after connecting to the host. It recieves a little then dies. If I use another computer on my network, I can download that same file without a problem. This leads me to believe the problem is software. Any suggestions?

#138070 25/12/05 10:21 PM
D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
From easiest to hardest to do...
(1) Dont use xdcc's
(2) Use the other computer
(3) Copy mirc from the pc that works to the pc that doesnt, and use that copy
(3) Failing that reinstall the PC it dont work on
(4) Failing that Fix what ever is bung in ya router

Also define better what "kills your internet connection" means, to me that means all internet connectivity is lost for good, untill some manual activity is performed (router reset etc) to others it just means, while X is runnning Y and Z run like dogs, becuase X is eating all the bandwidth.

PS: Please be aware that if these are pirated files that your xdcc'ing from that for all we know you got a virus from one of your downloads which is the cuase of the problem, if so well ya get what ya pay for dont ya!

#138071 30/12/05 08:25 AM
U
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
U
Alright I'll explain better.
I have notice it is just DCC sending in general, from XDCC/Fservs/TDCC anything involving DCC.
What I mean by kills my internet connection is, the internet that was once functional on my computer (no other comp on the network is effected) will stop running until I reboot my computer. So it isn't the router or cable modem then.
I have Anti virus and spyware protection.
I've reinstalled mIRC, hell I reformatted, and same problem. I don't understand it...

#138072 03/01/06 02:53 AM
T
Babel fish
Babel fish
T
Sounds like a problem with your operating system. I have a feeling you may have a problem with the TCP stack, You may need to see either a technician for the computer or find someone skilled enough to reinstall your network or operating system.

Warning: This is a suggestion, a guide to your next possible move. The problem you describe could be anything and I cannot garentee its what I have stated. I do not want to come back hearing how my insight into the possible problem ruined your life, your chatting career or your dogs chew toy. At your own risk.

P.S. If you have no dog, I'll sleep better knowing that the dog you could have had is probably happy.

Link Copied to Clipboard