Print Thread
#13715 01/03/03 11:27 PM
T
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
T
Hi all.

My script regularly has to take the window focus away from $active, run one of a number of routines, and then focus back onto whatever $active was. This was all easy enough before mIRC 6.x, because I simply set $active into a %var, ran whatever routine or process I wanted to, and then when the process was complete, I could simply /join the %var (or /query it or whatever I wanted).

Problem occurs in mIRC 6.x with its multiserver connectability. As we all know, if I'm connected to say 2 servers, am in a channel called #wibble on the 2nd server I'm connected to, set that channel's name to a %var by /set %blah $active, and then later I /join %blah, mIRC will join me onto a channel called #wibble on the 1st server I'm connected to.

Now I can get round this by setting $activecid to another %var (say %somecid) at the same time I set $active to %blah, but then I have to //scid %somecid /join %blah.

This is a major pain. Is there a better way of doing it? What I really need is a single identifier that combines the info of both the window name and the connection/network it's located on.

#13716 01/03/03 11:41 PM
O
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
O
First off, you can make any type of window active by using the /window -a <window name> command. Examples: /window -a #mychan, /window -a "Status window".

I would go for setting one variable to: scid $cid window -a $+(",$active,"), and performing it at the end of the script task.
Code:

set %a scid $cid window -a $+(",$active,")
do stuff
%a

Link Copied to Clipboard