mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
D
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
D
it would be awsome feature to add a command available for being able to resize the nicklist on the fly according the nickname length as there is alot of people that would surely use it smile

B
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
B
Sounds useful to me.

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
personally i would find it quite irritating to have someone change to a nick that is say, oh, 30 characters long, suddenly the screen repagenates, then they nick change again, suddenly the screen wont sit still, as well as advancing up as people post to the channel now you have the screen hopping ln and out? no I don't think that is such a good thing.

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
yeah i agree i much rather see an identifier to get the width of the nicklist.

$maybe
M
Babel fish
Babel fish
M
But if you had an option to disable this, or to counteract somethings i don't see why it wouldn't hurt, i know plenty of people who have asked me if this was possible in scripting, so as a feature suggestion i say yes! grin

Sat Offline
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I think the original poster's point was to add a command so that he can script the behaviour himself (and you don't have to use it). If not, then I think that this would make for a better suggestion (although already suggested before) wink

Saturn, QuakeNet staff
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
yes I can that as a usefull thing, espcially when two or more people have chosen 30 character nicks that are very similar. Of course you can drag the nicklist over manually, and in the channel frame menu click default to set it back the "right width" so having quick /nlmax or /nlnorm commands could be handy. As long as you go that far might as well go to /nlmin that hides the nicklist, or maybe leaves it two characters wide (@+ and whatever plus the first letter of the nicknames).

N
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
N
or perhaps the nicklist is sized only on joining the channel. after that its up to the script (some /command maybe?) to resize it if you like

Have Fun smile
T
Babel fish
Babel fish
T
Resizing it can be annoiying, especially if done by timer.

If you want you should check certain events (on join, etc) and then resize it accordingly by the largest name. You won't really need an identifier, mainly because you set it to a default size when the script initializes and keep track of it via variable.

I honestly do not see the benefit of it resizing just because of a name.

S
S
Quote:
personally i would find it quite irritating to have someone change to a nick that is say, oh, 30 characters long, suddenly the screen repagenates, then they nick change again, suddenly the screen wont sit still, as well as advancing up as people post to the channel now you have the screen hopping ln and out? no I don't think that is such a good thing.

Yup. And it takes over the whole chat screen to.

I say leave as is or make it an option.

Link Copied to Clipboard