mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
T
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
T
Okay, so, I can connect to servers, join channels, watch what is going on. If I type something and send it to the channel I can see it, but no one else can. At first I thought some one was just being stupid and had /captured me. However, its on every sever I try. If I click to look at some ones whois, or try to change my nick, I can't.

I've tried uninstalling, then reinstalling, and making sure all mIRC stuff is off of my comp which will work about 15% of the time. Also sometimes if I change my nick prior to connecting to a server it will work . . .

PC cillin, stinger, hijackthis, ad-aware and microsoft's anti spyware aren't finding anything funky . . .

Any ideas?

T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
It may be a script you are running try /remote off as soon as you are connected and see if this helps solve anything.

or

Totally uninstall and reinstall mIRC with a fresh copy from this website (not sure if you did already as you weren't really clear on it)

T
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
T
Tired /remote off Didn't do anything, well it told me it was off, but didn't solve any problems.

The last time I downloaded the installer was like a month ago, should I re-download it ?

T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
Sure try downloading a fresh copy of mIRC, completely uninstall the one you have and place any scripts in a folder on your desktop or wherever, and install a new copy of 6.16 and run the plain jane mIRC and see if the problem continues.

T
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
T
The thing is I haven't got any scpirts, at least, none that I've put there. But I will try re-downloading it. . . I'm also on dial up, at least its a small file, from what I remeber.

G
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
G
Some servers have a command (for IRCOps to use) that will prevent a user/host from using commands. Although, that command usually doesn't allow you to join any channels.

-genius_at_work

T
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
T
Still nothin is working

T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
Right that was my next question, this person could have been shunned permanently after they joined the chatroom. Because they stated that it happened on all servers...Unless i'm totally missing something here, thats all I could come up with off the top of my head. I'm tired so i'm not going to ponder on this too much longer. It's getting late here.

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Does this apply to just one network? I know you said that you've tried different servers, but have you tried a completely different network?

Link Copied to Clipboard