#136674 01/12/05 07:26 AM
N
nachch Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
N
Hi,
I have a problem that has been driving me nuts for a very long time now.
In my (clean) mirc configuration, there are two entries for DCC-get folders - one for * (i.e all files) that I set to c:\downloads\, and the other for all kinds of sound files, which is set to the mirc\sounds\ folder.

Now, I really want to get rid of that sounds filter - I want all files that I dcc-get in mirc to go to the same downloads folder.
So, I remove the second entry from the list and all is well -- however, when mirc is restarted, the stupid sounds filter just comes back out of the void... extremely annoying.

Is there something f**ked up with my setup that might cause such a behaviour? (other configuration options stick between sessions).
Is this by design? If so, is there any way to get rid of it?

Thanks!
- Nachch.

#136675 01/12/05 07:34 AM
G
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
G
I'm not familiar with the folders, but have you tried putting in the /downloads folder in place of the /sounds folder in the setup? Maybe mIRC requires the sound folder to be designated and defaults to /sounds when it encounters a missing/blank entry.

-genius_at_work

#136676 01/12/05 07:39 AM
N
nachch Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Hehe, I tried all kinds of "tricks" of that sort.
But whenever that exact entry is missing, it comes back when mIRC is restarted and takes priopity over whatever filters I set up myself.

And btw, I see no reason why mIRC should depend on the sounds folder there -- it only exists for the purpose of those silly sound commands. Hardly a core element of an IRC client.
Even so, the sounds folder is still there - the only thing I change is the filter that redirects new arriving files.

Link Copied to Clipboard