mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#134603 02/11/05 11:36 PM
G
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
G
I currently have a script which displays server notices (IRCop notices) to a custom window. The script uses the /echo command to display the notice in the custom window.

I am attempting to modify the script so that each server notice only occupies one line in the custom window, (ie: no wrapping), but I also need to be able to scroll horizontally in order to view the entire messages as necessary.

I have looked at /help /echo, but it doesn't appear to have a 'no wrap' switch. The /aline command seems to have a wrap switch (so it no-wraps by default); however, I can't get the horizontal scroll bar to update (/window -b) unless I use a listbox window (/window -l). I have no problem using a listbox window, but I am unsure as to whether there are limits to the number of lines that can be added to the listbox. I receive several hundred server notices per day, and I want to be able to scroll all the way back to the beginning if necessary.

So, if anyone knows of a way to make a regular window with horizontal scroll bars, or if anyone has information regarding the pros/cons/limits of listbox windows, please point me towards the appropriate information (website/helpfile/etc).

Thanks,
-genius_at_work

#134604 03/11/05 07:05 AM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
paste this line in a mIRC window
Code:
//window -l @test | var %i = 1 | while (%i <= 5000) { aline @test %i $str(mjp,100)  | inc %i } | window -b @test

it takes a few moments but you will see it fills the window with 5000 lines of.. well my initials for want of something to put there

#134605 03/11/05 06:23 PM
G
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
G
Thanks for the help.

-genius_at_work

Link Copied to Clipboard