mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#134473 01/11/05 03:47 PM
Spock Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
I teach adult computer literacy classes and give my students a CD with assorted freeware and shareware software when they graduate. Before I create the CDs, I make it a point of trying to get the latest versions so they won't have to download them as many of my students only have dial-up connections if they are connected to the Internet at all.

(Yes, I have an email from Khaled giving me permission to include his shareware version of MIRC wink )

I logged in after what appears to be a long absence to check on the latest and greatest and find MIRC is still at version 6.16, shocked

If this is because no further updates have been necessary, I congratualte us all on finally arriving where we wish other software would eventually go - trouble free computing without the need for feature creep.

If there is some other reason, I offer condolances or moral support, whichever is appropriate.

LONG LIVE MIRC! The premier IRC program.

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
lol, nice to see a happy customer! smirk

mIRC's development had recently taken a back seat to Khaled's master's degree, or so we've all assumed. mIRC is still in development though, there are bugs which need fixing, features to be added, and I'm sure that at some point in the future an even better version of mIRC will be announced.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
Spock Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
Wow, that was a fast reply.

I'm not sure I'm a happy customer or not ...

I have a paid version of MIRC, so obviously like the software but I think it must be something like 6 months to a years since I was last on IRC. Life intrudes sometimes I guess. crazy

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Yes, life can make it hard to stay on IRC all the time. It's a nice diversion, however.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net

Link Copied to Clipboard