mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
B
bauwser Offline OP
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
B
After changing my connection from a ethernet cable to a wireless connection on my laptop, I have experienced problems connecting to two channels that I had previously had no difficulty connecting to.

On an attempt to connect, I recieve the message "You were kicked from "channel" by "user" ("channel" - Channel Protection Kick, Probably Spambot Detected.)"

I'm not sure if I know exactly what a Spambot is, but I think I have an idea. And more importantly I know I'm not one! This may or may not have anything to do with my recent switch to wireless. It may very well have just been a coincidence. I've done a bit of googling and I think I may have somehow been blacklisted on these channels. Any ideas?

Any help would be appreciated.

D
Babel fish
Babel fish
D
It is possible that as a result of the switch, your not giving off an ident response and this can sometimes be used as an identifier for a spambot.

Make sure identd is turned on using this command: /identd on <username>

Replace "<username>" with an alpha-numeric entry making sure you don't include any special characters. (Something like "dood" for example.)

Also, make sure that port 113 is correctly forwarded to your machine's IP address on your network should you be behind a router and that any firewalls you have are configured to leave this port open.

As a side note, try not to let Windows aquire an IP address using DHCP either. Assign your own addresses.

Last edited by dood; 29/10/05 01:14 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard