Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
#13399 02/03/03 02:56 AM
G
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
G
Quote:

However as a forum owner I also grant my users the same right as I have become accustomed to. It's a matter of having some respect for the people that make a site what it is. It's also about being reasonable instead of being a nazi.

Do you always expect to be banned for a post where you point out something that the forum host has done that you think is wrong as it was the first post that had been made, maybe you deleted the post as well as banning me but as haven't deen able to have a look I don't know, would have expected to have the post edited and then if I had continued to post similat post to be banned but not for the first post.

#13400 02/03/03 08:49 AM
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
Once again, any prob you feel you have with Watchdog's forum has nothing to do with this forum. This thread is questioning what constitutes spam and why the original posters thread was deleted for spamming HERE . How Watchdog runs his forum and his decision to ban you or anyone else, or what he determines is an acceptable post on his forum isnt our concern, nor does it have a place here.

If Watchdog doesnt accept private msgs here,or you dont, his profile states where he can be found should he choose to discuss the matter any further than he already has in reply to your other posts here on the subject. In the event you wish to question my decisions, or any other moderators, regarding what is deleted or removed on this forum in any post of yours, feel free to msg.

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
#13401 02/03/03 02:39 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Basically you were banned because I don't want you following me around like a bowel movement. You are here, you were in my chatroom, on my website.

You are also unidentified so just bugger off and get over your issues.

#13402 04/03/03 12:35 AM
N
netecho Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
N
Para how the ehck is it warez when I'm the one making the programs with friends? I hardly think it's warez when I'm the one who made them and are giving them out

#13403 04/03/03 05:45 AM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Make a website and distribute your programmes from there. It's more professional that way.

#13404 04/03/03 10:01 PM
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
ok, so if you are giving away software you have personally completely written totally by yourself and your friends, then it isnt warez. However, i dont care what you are giving away, you were spamming.

The point is that we DONT WANT SPAM HERE! When you post a website/network/channel/etc to which you invite ppl to go to for whatever reason, (which you clearly did) its inviting and spam. We generally edit out email addys for posters protection, however posting an email which you tell ppl to use in order to find whatever it is you are giving away, that also constitutes spam.

Spam is annoying. Ppl dont like it. We frequently urge ppl to not click on every url/go to every site they see spammed, and to not rampantly download software they arent positive beyond any shadow of a doubt what it does. You spammed, we removed it. If you want to spread your software around, peachy...but you cant do it from here.

Since you msgd me the exact same question, consider this a reply to both your post and the msg.

#13405 05/03/03 12:30 AM
N
netecho Offline OP
OP Offline
N
I did not say HEY goto irc.blahblah.com and #blah for my new software I did just the same as other people do in their signatures without a single link

Further more whoever put you operators incharge was clearly on crack the only decent moderator I've know to moderate isn't here anymore and doesn't want to be a part of this

#13406 05/03/03 01:12 AM
V
vcv Offline
Babel fish
Babel fish
V
What exactly DID you post? Did you start a new thread? Did the new thread contain any information besides asking people to download your software or join your group or whatever?

#13407 05/03/03 01:17 AM
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
" I did not say HEY goto irc.blahblah.com and #blah for my new software "

from this thread:
netecho: "Nope here is what the post was basicly: Myself and some friends have started up a new software group blah blah to visit us [moderator edited] or email me at [~~Email Deleted~~] for the information"

You started a thread for the sole purpose of telling ppl where to go/how to contact you to get what you say is your software and/or presumably to share theirs. The post had nothing else in it.That is inviting. That is advertising. That is spam. That isnt allowed here. Had you included your personal website/network in your signature while at the same time in the body of your post you said "i have software for you to share" then i would consider your signature and post to have the blatant intent of spamming. On the other hand, had someone posted a question "Why isnt my dcc working" and you replied suggesting they check their router, and your website was in your signature that would be a different matter.

Sure, anything in your signature could be considered as a hint to go visit it, but it isnt specifically saying "Come see me at ___ for ___" If you go into a channel and say " i use superduper, you can get it at superduper.com" you have just spammed the channel. If you use the nick superduper, with realname field of superduperscriptie then altho that may arouse the curiousity of some others to investigate superduper on their fav browser, we are into a grey area. Your intent could be to spam, your intent could be pride, your intent could be to brag... but unless you post in the channel " come get superduper" or constantly join/part so everyone will see it, i will assume your intentions to be semi-honorable regardless of my suspicions to the contrary.

Whether you approve of my/our moderating or not, the fact remains that the sole purpose of your original post was to tell ppl you have software and where to find it. That is not allowed here. I have done my level best to explain the reasoning.

#13408 06/03/03 10:18 PM
N
netecho Offline OP
OP Offline
N
To visit us read my information That is not link

#13409 06/03/03 11:24 PM
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Are you still going on about this? Get over it, nobody cares.

Spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and stupid comments are intentional.
#13410 06/03/03 11:34 PM
T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
LOL he's still whining? *me takes a tylenol chewable for the headache* tisk tisk them kids these days LOL

#13411 06/03/03 11:40 PM
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
It may not be a link, but it is spam because there is nothing but an advertisement for your channel in your post.

Stop being a tit.

#13412 07/03/03 12:02 AM
T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
Let it go...move on....find something creative to do

*hands netecho some crayons and a coloring book*

#13413 10/03/03 09:14 AM
Q
Q
The_Game, you seem to need to take your own advice, instead of flaming him. "Get over it" and got play in your IRC channel, Keyboard warrior grin

#13414 10/03/03 12:03 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I'd hardly catagorise The Game's comment as a flame. The person who started this thread has an obvious problem accepting the law of the jungle. In line with The Game's remark, I reckon he should get over it and move on.

#13415 10/03/03 09:52 PM
T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
Wow..did you think of that all by yourself? Good job you get a gold star...now I can be a prick but I don't think I have to be.
As for your little remark "keyboard warrior" I believe. Sounds to me like you are the one doing the flaming but since you had to open yourmouth...I guess I can be a prick just this once.

*Pins a note to this assclowns jacket that reads..."Must report back to the newbie forums for my inability to comprehend even the simplest posts that doesn't involve me in the first place" and sends him on his merry little way!*

I feel better already LOL

To Watchdog: I don't think this person even knows what the original post was even about...also, the hint of sarcasm in my posts ...by the way got any more jack an coke left? LOL

#13416 10/03/03 09:55 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Must report back to the newbie forums for my inability to comprehend even the simplest posts that doesn't involve me in the first place

The flashcards and Mother Goose rhymes forum? hehe

I've seen his nick before, I forget where though.

#13417 10/03/03 09:59 PM
T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
Quote:
The flashcards and Mother Goose rhymes forum? hehe

Yep that would be it...kids these days LOL what the hell is a keyboard warrior anyways LOL smile

#13418 10/03/03 10:11 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Probably the l337 n3w term for "Net addict". It's fashionable for kiddies to invent their own expressions these days. It makes them look ub3r and tuff. Like - I pj34r him...

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard