Print Thread
#133912 26/10/05 10:05 PM
J
jdoe1 Offline OP
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
J
I'm using mIRC v6.16. When receiving files through DCC, the transfers move too fast. They immediately utilize the entire downstream bandwidth, severely lagging out any other use of the 'net across the entire local network.

Is there a way to throttle my DCC intake in mIRC?

Any help is MUCH appreciated!

#133913 27/10/05 03:53 AM
D
Babel fish
Babel fish
D
I've taken a look around mIRC and I haven't seen anything that might help. As far as I can tell, DCC will just saturate the connection.

You might want to look into throttling the actual ports that you have configured for DCC. I'm unsure of how to do this unfortunately.

#133914 27/10/05 12:49 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Use programs such as NetLimiter to limit your speeds. There are also a few scripts out there that will allow this, I think. Of course, I've never noticed lag caused by mIRC downloading anything, so it sounds like some other problem. Even when downloading off the web, your downloads will go at full speed (and usually faster than on DCC) and won't lag anything. So, it really does sound like you have some other problem.

Of course, you shouldn't probably be downloading on mIRC. Especially nothing that is large enough to make lag a problem.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net

Link Copied to Clipboard