Print Thread
R
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
R
Hi Guys,

finnaly i got the big Problem solved wink
In 99% all router user with problems have got this problem.
And its quite simple to solve.
You have to configure your TCP and ICMP aging in you Masqudaring options and set them higher than default.
Defaults are about 10-20 seconds. You can try to set the up to 3600. Sound be no problem for you server..

Please report if this could sove your problem.

Rough Element

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
Glad you solved it. I never used a router though and I still had that error while using WinXP and mIRC 6.03.

Never compare yourself to others - they're more screwed up than you think.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I have been using a router for two years without ever getting this problem. So I guess it applies to some people or maybe a particular brand of router though certainly not all people.

R
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
R
Hi Watchdog,

I haven been clear with my post. i ment 99% of users who have mirc connection problems with their routers got this problem. not that 99% of all router-user have got this probelm... sorry...

X
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
X
Watchdog are you on XP?

This is deffinatly an XP problem/compatibility issue. Mirc wokrs fine on my 2k machine, but on the xp machine, it always says "Software caused connetion abort". I have a linksys router. I dont know about the othe people. But this is a xp/mirc problem. I hope they can fix it in the future versions of mIRC.

;Check for Life

if (%life == $null) {
goto getlife
}
_
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
_
ok first off i got that message for 4 months ...... i wasnt behind any router just a hub ...... i went in and tried adding ports in the XP firewall ... didnt help ...... but what i was finding out that not only was MIRC doing this ..... it was also my messanger ..... basically everything requiring an internet connection shut off ...... i disabled the XP firewall ..... and havnt had on instance of this since ...... so for me my solution was dropping the defualt firewall and purchasing another one ...... since apparently xp firewall is the problem ..... in my case ....... im just gonna go out on a limb and guess others might notice the same instances happening with theirs too ..... i personally dont think its a mirc issue but an XP issue with how its handling its connection to the internet

D3m0nnet.com
N
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
N
To the topic origionator, what kind of junk is that? If you want to see if it actually works for us you may give us some tips on WHERE TO SET these options

ANd yes, i did check mirc and firmware for my linksys router.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
You might want to reply to the person you are speaking to instead of who spoke second. :tongue:

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
Perhaps if you spent some time RTFM you would be familiar with what the original poster said. If you had asked politely instead of being rude, the original poster (who wasnt Poppy) might want to bother to help you.

I realize some probs can be frustrating, but thats no excuse for being rude to ppl who volunteer their time to try to help users.

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet

Link Copied to Clipboard