Print Thread
P
paul0 Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
P
When I send a dcc command like this:
//raw PRIVMSG Khaled : $+ $chr(1) $+ DCC SEND "file.txt" 42949888888 bounceme 888888672948 1024 $+ $chr(1)

When they accept it, somehow it bounces back.
adding "bounceme" or any text makes it bounce.

P
paul0 Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
P
i forgot, im using mirc 6.16

T
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
T
I've noticed this too. This is not a bug.

If the user accepts the file, I expect it returns the same text you sent. If you were doing a REAL DCC, mIRC would start sending the file. But you're not. So mIRC interprets it as a DCC send from the other person.

Again, it's not a bug. If you want to build a DCC script or something you will have to catch the return DCC send and then open the socket and start transferring or whatever the DCC protocol calls for.

This looks interesting and might help you: http://www.irchelp.org/irchelp/rfc/dccspec.html

Sat Offline
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
What you've stumbled upon is actually an obscure feature, called the "DCC Send Passive Protocol". Basically, it allows the sender to connect to the receiver (at TCP level), instead of the other way around as usual, which could help when the receiver has firewall problems. mIRC only uses this alternative when it's in fact configured to use a firewall. I seriously doubt that any other IRC client supports this protocol, by the way... More information can be found in the complete mIRC version history, under "mIRC v5.4", point 136. Here's a brief summary:

How DCC send works normally:
mirc1: Listen at port1
mirc1: "DCC SEND <name> <ip1> <port1> <size>"
mirc2: Connect to ip1:port1; receive file
mirc1: Accept connection from port1; send file

The passive version:
mirc1: "DCC SEND <name> <ip1> 0 <size> <id>"
mirc2: Listen at port2
mirc2: "DCC SEND <name> <ip2> <port2> <size> <id>"
mirc1: Connect to ip2:port2; send file
mirc2: Accept connection from port2; receive file

(note: where I have 0 above, you had "bounceme", but that's the same to mIRC: whenever mIRC expects a number, and finds other text, it assumes zero)

Saturn, QuakeNet staff

Link Copied to Clipboard