Print Thread
#131395 29/09/05 08:02 AM
I
invid Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
I
I have done a brief search for this and found nothing yet. I have seen this with other IRC clients, and was wondering if there is a way to script this - or other - to get MIRC to do this:

When hovering over a user's nick, a tooltip is displayed showing their IRC address information. It would be nice in channels where people are changing nicks all the time to simply mouse over a nick to see who it is, as opposed to /whois'ing them, flipping over to the server window, then coming back to the channel window.

Thanks!!!

K
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
K
Maybe not what you wanted, but it's a start:

Add this line in nick list popups (alt-p alt-v 4)

$address($$1,5):echo -a $address($$1,5)

Now you can just rightclick on a nick and have his complete nick!ident@address. Rightclick works not only in nicklist but also in the channel window itself, for any nicks that are not in text. There's an option where you need to press shift to have the hand appear over nicks. See Options (alt-o) -> Other -> Keys... -> Hotlinks only when shift key pressed

Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
smile There is a dll called nickLUST.dll which allow u to customize nicklist....
It's interesting but there are some bugs....
First what does it do...
It allow u to colorize ops,halfops,voices and regulars... and u too withi diferent colors....
It allow u to put an icon before the nick in nicklist (icon for op voice and halfop)
And what exactly u asked.... on mouse over it displays something like bubble in which there is some information ...
u can change the color of the 'bubble'.... and the information in it...
It's nickname host and common channels by default i think but i'm not so sure.....

and now the bugs...
It has something like refresh rate and i saw something like vibrating in the nicklist......
And the other bug was.... i dont know what was it exactly but i was forced to use the task mannager to end the mirc process..... and then to unload the file by del lines in mirc.ini.... smile
But i thing it would be nice to have sometnig like this in mirc.... but made how it have to be.... without bugs smile

Respect ! ! !

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
There are some tooltip DLLs on mircscripts.org, I believe. Those would probably work, though I've not used them.

As far as the feature list given for nicklust... the nick coloring isn't anything special as you can do that in mIRC very easily. The rest can be nice if you really feel the need for it.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
M
Babel fish
Babel fish
M
Well i've been using this dll now for about 10 months, and i have found no bugs with it at all, mIRC has never crashed, had mIRC uptimes of over a week, and i'm in high activity channels with lots of kicking/modes/parts/join etc you either have a very old version of the dll, copied the code from threads on here, or something else.
I've also attained the latest nicklust that was updated a month a go or so, that shows the mode counts next to each title, ie; Ops [4] voices [2] and that updates smoothly as well.

I
invid Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
I
Quote:
Maybe not what you wanted, but it's a start:
Add this line in nick list popups (alt-p alt-v 4)
$address($$1,5):echo -a $address($$1,5)

Thanks!!! this works great!!! It's a start, in time maybe I will find interesting ways of tweaking it.

Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
The nick coloring isnt something special.... but i thing this dll replaces the nicklist and uses it's own custom.... so i think it uses bitmaps not fonts.... and.... it's posible not to support this.... I havent found a help file for this dll so i dont know all the funcktions in it.... but it's interesting.....

_
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
_
what nicklust version are u using by chance? it it version 3 or 2. if its 2 i could poke around my archived files, and look for the helpfile i wrote for it for the dll author, i cant guarantee i have it tho so before i go looking it would help for the version. btw i also had used nicklust dll for quite some time and i have a modded version that addresses all the old bugs the first had but i dont think it was ever released in this version

D3m0nnet.com

Link Copied to Clipboard