mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
N
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
N
I need the ability to know in disconnect events that the event is occuring because an exit is in progress...

grin

NaquadaBomb
www.mirc-dll.com
H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
Isn't that what on EXIT is for?

DALnet: #HelpDesk and #m[color:#FF0000]IR[color:#EEEE00]C
N
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
N
When you get to the exit event, information such as which servers you were connected to is already lost. I need to do something in the disconnect because connection information like this is available in the disconnect event and is not in the exit event...

NaquadaBomb
www.mirc-dll.com
N
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
N
how about you script a way. like when you connect to a server have the script set a hash table or a variable with the server information on it and then when you d/c from the server make an alias that checks for previous server infomation 'hence' the variables/hash tables you made, just use that with a couple of the "already made" identifiers.

We don't just write the scripts, we put them to the test! (ScriptBusters)
H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
Well, you might set a range of variables, or perhaps set a variable with a range of values (such as a tozenized string) containing the information you wish to capture. Capture all that data in the on DISCONNECT event into [a] hash table entr[y|ies] that you can check for on EXIT. The data will then be available to your on EXIT code and still not interfere with your normal on DISCONNECT code.

DALnet: #HelpDesk and #m[color:#FF0000]IR[color:#EEEE00]C
N
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
N
Thanks for the workarounds, I have a few myself, the point is that a workaround shouldn't be needed wink

NaquadaBomb
www.mirc-dll.com

Link Copied to Clipboard