Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#130016 12/09/05 04:33 AM
D
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
D
i've sucessfully confused myself here....i'm looking for a script that puts all your @find query's in ONE window, rather that being massacred by all the private messages....i used to have this script years ago...and i'm just now back up on mirc again....i tried autoget but its not what i'm looking for....
you could also click to d/l files, rather than copy/paste into the channel......
this post is probably in the wrong section, and for this i apologize, i'm just frustrated, anyone w/ any info would be greatly appreciated smile thanx

#130017 12/09/05 04:38 AM
M
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
M
tsk tsk

#130018 12/09/05 12:52 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
mIRC is for chatting, not file sharing. As such, we can't help you to do so here.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
#130019 14/09/05 11:08 PM
D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
That would be bad, bad bad bad and anyone with a script like that should be sent a very very stern fax.

Damn my fax machine started!

#130020 16/09/05 06:57 PM
M
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
M
/me waits for his fax...

#130021 17/09/05 02:27 AM
D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
lol , i think a few of us well be getting them.

On a totally unrelated note (well maybe unrelated). I find it ironic someone would say "mIRC is for chatting, not file sharing" and then have "Invision Support Personnel" in there tag! smile

#130022 17/09/05 08:43 AM
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Not ironic at all. He's simply following the rules of the forum, which state quite clearly that we will not assist with queries regarding file sharing.

#130023 18/09/05 12:06 AM
D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
It is ironic "mIRC is for chatting, not file sharing" is completly contradictory to also having "Invision Support Personnel" which is a fileserver script which inhances mircs builtin filesharing ability.

And I think you are incorrect about what the forum rules quite clearly state "We dont help with illegal filesharing/warez on this forum" is the Statement i beleive.

While asking how to produce one window to accululate all @find replies, involves the reply from script enhanced mirc fserve, it hardly directly connects to illegal filesharing, to say it would be used for that, would condem mirc itself to the same since its mircs fserve thats in use. His request to have it also download files may or maynot step across some line in the sand.

#130024 18/09/05 09:08 AM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
It is ironic "mIRC is for chatting, not file sharing" is completly contradictory to also having "Invision Support Personnel" which is a fileserver script which inhances mircs builtin filesharing ability.

I agree, though it is no different to car makers building cars that go faster than the highest speed limit you can drive at. Invision has other problems too but that is another story for another time.

#130025 19/09/05 12:57 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
DaveC, how much have you actually looked into Invision? Yes, there are enhancements to filesharing. However, most of the script has nothing to do with filesharing.

And, as stated, the forum here clearly says that we will not help with filesharing, so it doesn't matter one way or another what I support or don't support off of this forum.

Invision Support
#130026 19/09/05 02:32 PM
M
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
M
Quote:
the forum here clearly says that we will not help with filesharing

Actually it says "We dont help with illegal filesharing/warez on this forum"

File sharing doesn't automatically mean illegal, and I have
yet to read anything where Khaled or Tjerk say anything
about this being a forum rule, it seems to me that it's just
a couple or few moderators that are forcing their views
and opinions on everyone else here on this forum. If this
is an actual rule, then Khaled or Tjerk should make a sticky
post saying so, until then I think a couple of moderators,
along with a few brown nosing regulars, really should
just stfu.

#130027 19/09/05 02:40 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
And insults are helpful or have any point in being on this forum?

Anyhow, prove to me that a good percentage of questions about downloading are not for illegal downloads. I'd be happy if you could prove to me that 25% of downloading questions aren't about illegal downloading... whether that illegal downloading is mp3s, movies, or warez.

Invision Support
#130028 19/09/05 02:44 PM
M
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
M
I don't see an insults in my post, if you're insulted by it that's your problem.

#130029 19/09/05 02:51 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
So calling people (whoever it is you're referring to) brown nosers, isn't an insult to those people?

Invision Support
#130030 19/09/05 02:52 PM
M
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
M
Well it's not meant as an insult, it's just an observation.

#130031 19/09/05 03:04 PM
D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
Quote:
DaveC, how much have you actually looked into Invision?

A resonable amount thanks, i have it patched in several places, the code now largely works on 6.16 without error, the ones i found so far (few) have all been due more to the tightening of mircs coding standards than a programming incompatablity. Things like missing or extra brakets producing errors or unexpected results.

Quote:
Yes, there are enhancements to filesharing. However, most of the script has nothing to do with filesharing.

Most has nothing to do with it? lol, now thats a tipical tech support reply if i have ever heard one.
Lets see "DCC Manager", "File Server Manager", "mp3 ServerManager", "XDCC Server Manager" ..... No your right it doesnt have much to do with filesharing at all now does it.

Quote:
And, as stated, the forum here clearly says that we will not help with filesharing, so it doesn't matter one way or another what I support or don't support off of this forum.

already answered.

Quote:
Anyhow, prove to me that a good percentage of questions about downloading are not for illegal downloads. I'd be happy if you could prove to me that 25% of downloading questions aren't about illegal downloading... whether that illegal downloading is mp3s, movies, or warez

I and hope We both live in a country that requiers proof of guilt rather than of innocents. So i ask for proof that 75% of downloading questions ARE about illegal downloading, I well let The unprooven stand as the remain percentage after that which percentage you can show is illegal.

smile "I have no further questions of this witness your honor! <grin> back to the dungen with them, errr hiphmmm i mean the helpdesk of course!"

#130032 19/09/05 03:07 PM
D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
Quote:
So calling people (whoever it is you're referring to) brown nosers, isn't an insult to those people?

LOL i always remember a friend was talking about "brown nosers" when one came up and said he found that insulting, my friend replied...
Well by your own admission that you found it insulting that i called you it, you acknoledge you have dont it, for anyone who isnt a brown noser, so wouldnt be offended.

Whats wrong with a tan on the nose anyway? What sunshine police gonna get ya?

#130033 19/09/05 03:21 PM
H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
The day that Khaled and Tjerk help with the day to day running of this forum I'll agree with you.

#130034 19/09/05 03:42 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
As for the bugs with 6.16, yes, they are coding issues. Unfortunately, cryoa has not been around to release a new version that fixes those problems. The patch released by L|B, myself, and a few others fixes some of those, and I'm considering releasing another one that should fix the rest as well as adding new features and improving on others. Not really sure what that has to do with anything, but I don't disagree that the problems with 6.16 are coding problems.

Ok, there are enhancements to ftp/tdcc/xdcc/fserv/mp3. 4 things improved upon. There are 17 different menu items and some of those have many different improvements in them. 5/17 isn't much. Ok, 6 if you count dcc manager that really is still part of the rest. And, since FTP isn't part of invision, that doesn't even really count. It's just an ad. Count it if you want, though.

Let's see what else there is...
Protections, autojoins, colors, sounds, themes, acronyms, system information, music player (with a nice playlist if you use my addon), channel controls, auto identifier, nick recovery, user list manager, /away improvements, lag monitor, !ping, !seen, greeters, nick completer, announcer, and much more.

Please, show me how I am incorrect in saying that most of the script isn't related to serving. "Most" refers to 50% or more.

Prove that 75%+ use it illegally? Fine.

/server pick_any_major_one
/join #warez
/join #mp3
/join #0-day

If those don't work, try others, or search for them. Now, try:

/join #my_vacation_pics
/join #cool_pics_I_took
/join #my_band's_music

(Those are obviously not channels you can probably find, but the point is valid...)

Count the users in all the legitimate file sharing channels and the users in all the illegal file sharing channels. There, I have proven to you that over 75% use it for illegal downloads. And, I'd be willing to bet that at least 95% of filesharing is illegal (and probably closer to 99%). I offered 75% to be fair.

I bet that if you offered to help anyone with a filesharing problem, if they let you visit the channel they are trying to get it to work in, and see what is on the fserv that they are dealing with (without telling them why you're looking), you will find that just about everyone is using it illegally.

If the rule is that we don't help with illegal filesharing, why try to distinguish between the two, when most are using it illegally? Why not just tell people to go use one of the hundreds (perhaps thousands) of sites/forums/channels/etc that help specifically with filesharing?

Take a poll on here and ask users what percentage of downloading done with mIRC is illegal. Give them choices of 10% intervals and see what you get. I think you'd guess the results accurately. I doubt you would answer it at under 80% if you're being honest with what you think. Am I wrong? What would you say is the percentage of illegal (or legal, if you want) filesharing that is done with mIRC (completely ignoring if you think we should help regardless of the legal issues... just considering how much you believe is legal/illegal).

In all honesty, if the forum decided to start helping all filesharing/downloading questions, I'd help out as well. I have no qualms about doing so and I honestly don't care what people download. If they get caught, they are the ones in trouble, not me. But, until the forum decides to officially support such questions, I'm not going to do so. smile

Invision Support
#130035 19/09/05 03:48 PM
H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
Quote:
There, I have proven to you that over 75% use it for illegal downloads.

No. All you have proven that certain illegal filesharing channels are popular.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard