mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
Hello,
I've read the help files of mirc but couldnt find anytning about this... It's maybe something like other propertis of the join command .. or just a bug..... or maybe it refers to the ircd... my first question is... why when I try to join channel called '2,000' it executes the command partall ???
Now i tryed to join other channels like this (ending with ',000') What does it mean this ,000 .... I dont know why but when i find this it was interesting to understand some more information about it.... does join or maybe some other irc commands have more propertis that arent included in the help.....
And... i sad something about a second question......
I have a channel called #...::LDS::... but when i write it to somebody and he tries to join it by double clicking he joins not #...::LDS::... but #...::LDS::.. with 2 dots not 3... :\ and can i fix it ?

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
With the networks that I'm on, which use the UnReal Ircd, you can't have a channel name with a , in it. That's the only thing I can think of for your first query. As to your second, the only thing that I can think of is that you, somehow, are only putting in .. rather than ... in the channel name

Sorry I can't be of any more assistance

D
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
D
Refere to your 1st question: The comma makes different. The command /join #chan1,#chan2,#chan3.. is used to join multiple channels at the same time, but unfortunately /join 0 will return to part all channels instead. In your case, /join #2,000, that mean you joined Channel #2 and after that you joined 0 and that will return to part all channels.
For your 2nd question, I'm not sure what is wrong. Why don't you just ask them to type /join #...::LDS::... ?

Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
Quote:
The command /join #chan1,#chan2,#chan3.. is used to join multiple channels at the same time

And does the autojoin work this way??? I've tested this with the 0... it's true the 0 returns partall.... and about my chan.. yes it's easy to write join ...::LDS::... that's not a problem... but i'm more interested in this how it works and why it doesnt work corectly.....and in the autojoin it works ... but when somewhere is written #...::LDS::... and you click on it... it opens the chan without the last dot..... it doesnt refer to the number of the dots... if it's writen #...::LDS::.... with 4 dots and u click it enters my chan... the last dot doesnt match... isnt it some kind of bug.... does it need a bug repport ?

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
mIRC is probably assuming that the fullstop marks the end of a sentence, and is not part of the channel name.

<somenick> Please join #mIRC.

K
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
K
The /join 0 is a special way of parting all channels, but it's not mIRC doing that, it's really the irc server that is programmed to make you part all channels when it gets that /join 0 command. Now it's almost only used as a (stupid old) joke to new irc users... The comma is used to separate channels, like /join #channel1,#channel2 and is here used to make it less obvious. How many people would not see something fishy in joining a channel without a # in front of it (yes, /join #0 works as expected.)

As for second question: mIRC has no way to know it the last . is the end of a sentence or part of the channel, so it always takes option one. How many channels do you know that end in a . ? Or how many do you find in a /list should you know only strange channels wink

Link Copied to Clipboard