Print Thread
#128702 28/08/05 06:56 PM
E
Exlax Offline OP
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
E
My understanding of /echo -l is that if the echo'ed text matches a highlight, the highlight will trigger. Well I cant get this to work..a little guidance please?

#128703 28/08/05 08:36 PM
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
The only thing that I can think of is to make sure that your highlighting is active. Other than that, our understandings of the /echo command agree.

#128704 28/08/05 09:16 PM
L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
Quote:
The only thing that I can think of is to make sure that your highlighting is active. Other than that, our understandings of the /echo command agree.

well there is something out there im not sure whats wrong with the .echo -l but it also doesnt work you can either do this

ex:.

lets say you have a script that is something like this

on 1:TEXT:*:#: {
if ($1 == lol) { echo -a $nick said lol on $chan }
}

what you can do here is type echo -a then on your keyboard hold CONTROL/CTRL and press r then let go a small ascii box wil pop up this is the "highlight" control code then you can type the rest of message its like using ctrl + u or ctrl + b

Code:
if $reality > $fiction { set %sanity Sane }
Else { echo -a *voices* }
#128705 29/08/05 02:10 AM
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
Works fine here, make sure 'Enable highlighting' is checked in mirc options, that you have selected an appropriate color (not the default 'automatic'), and that if you have more than one word in a highlight entry make sure each word is seperated by a comma (,).

Also if you are using a premade script such as invision/excursion/sysreset/ircap and so on, there may be a conflicting /echo alias.

"Allen is having a small problem and needs help adjusting his attitude" - Flutterby

Link Copied to Clipboard