Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
M
I have tried using the following codes in my alias.ini file
Code:
/a /say # $1 $read $mircdirkicks.txt
/a /kick # $1 $read $mircdirkicks.txt

to say a random line from kicks.txt and acti it out.

the /kick line, just kicks the person, and spews the txt afterwards in a bundle.
the /say line, just spews the text in a bundle.

I'm using the | new line marker in the kicks.txt file, but its not working. using the /say alias all i keep getting is
Quote:

<Mobius> #subsonix Nick_Name me finds it your being a little rude.... | /me looks at Nick_Name one last time.... | /kick #subsonix Nick_Name rude people suck!

using the /kick alias i get
Quote:

* Nick_Name was kicked by Mobius (say For my next trick, I will cut Nick_Name in half. | /me puts Nick_Name in the magic box. | /me magically saws Nick_Name in half. | /me decides not to put Nick_Name back together. | inc 1 | /kick #subsonix Nick_Name Ewww! What a disgusting mess!)

what i want, is to be able to type something along the lines of /a Nick_Name and a random kick to be played out from my kicks.txt file, using all the /say /me /kick commands in the kicks.txt file, and starting new lines where the | is.
So that in mIRC it would look something like
Quote:

<Mobius>For my next trick, I will cut Nick_Name in half.
*Mobius puts Nick_Name in the magic box.
*Mobius magically saws Nick_Name in half.
*Mobius decides not to put Nick_Name back together.
* Nick_Name was kicked by Mobius (Ewww! What a disgusting mess)

i hope i have explained it good enough for somebody to be able to help me confused because I'm new to scripting and don't really know how else to describe what I'm trying to do.

Cheers!
Mobius.

#128152 21/08/05 09:28 AM
M
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
M
never mind, solved it. found some help in a chat room.

Link Copied to Clipboard