F
fast68 Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
F
hello does anyone see the error in this on text remote line:

on 1:TEXT:#: { if randy isin $chan- { /msg $chan is back on the floor, $nick }

im close to having this correctly configured- im just not sure what i have wrong

also does anyone know how to make it variably reply, IE with three different responses ?

thanks for anything laugh
R

L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
Quote:
hello does anyone see the error in this on text remote line:

im close to having this correctly configured- im just not sure what i have wrong

also does anyone know how to make it variably reply, IE with three different responses ?

thanks for anything laugh
R

im not 100% if your trying to do a On level:JOIN:#: or a On level:TEXT:*:#:

nice to see atleast you try
and got the on TEXT event correct however your missing a tiny part of that On text even instead of on 1:TEXT:#: it should of been on 1:TEXT:*:#: the reason for the * wildcard is that we can use a if operator to execute a script command and also your ==> if was on a good start however do not ad a - after $chan and do not open a new bracket { after $chan- { it should be along the lines of something similar like this

\\Yours
---
You see on a ON TEXT event using something similar like your script it would always message the channel everytime someone spoke if randy was in the channel however.. here is a small sniplet of a on join and on text for you to play around with
\\Fixed
on 1:TEXT:*:#: {
if (randy isin $1-) { msg $active Yo Randy is Here! }
}
//you probably want to watch what you put there because everytime the word randy is found in a text said by a person it will display the command or message
--------
//Here is a ON JOIN event which i think is what you were looking for rather then a on text command so we gotta create a script that says when randy joins to say a certain message in active channel this is the script..

on 1:JOIN:#: {
if (randy == $nick) { msg $active is back on the floor, $nick }
}
//Which actually will display is back on the floor, testorbot

if you want varible responses do something like this for example

on 1:TEXT:*:#: {
if (randy isin $1-) {
msg $active Randy is in this channel at the moment
msg $active second line of text
msg $active third line of text... should i keep going ?
}
}

again though im about 80% sure of what you want can you give a little more detail on what you want the script to do actually

Last edited by Lpfix5; 21/08/05 05:07 AM.

Code:
if $reality > $fiction { set %sanity Sane }
Else { echo -a *voices* }
M
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
M
I'll agree with the last guy; The request is confusing. IF you want three different responses for three different people:
Code:
on 1:(Whatever kind of event you're looking for):*:#: {
if (Randy isin $chan) { /msg $chan is back on the floor, $nick $+ . }
elseif (Mandy isin $chan) { /msg $chan hello world! }
elseif (Candy isin $chan) { /msg $chan Mmm, candy. }
}

The thing I'd like to mention here is that it seems you want a script that says "Is back on the floor, $nick" every time someone says something in in a channel with Randy in the channel name. If you're looking for it to be in the event that Randy is in the channel as a user, you want
Code:
if (Randy ison $chan)
I believe.

Link Copied to Clipboard