mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Z
Zebedee Offline OP
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
Z
Is there a way to make it so when some 1 types ur name u get a little pop up alert or something?

L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
Quote:
Is there a way to make it so when some 1 types ur name u get a little pop up alert or something?

simplest to that is do a blink command

on *:TEXT:*:*:{
if ($me isin $1-) { flash }
}

this script wont flash the mirc window unless.. you are not on it... otherwise if your in mirc or multiple servers and want to know if someone says your name in a certain channel you can echo

on *:TEXT:*:*:{
if ($me isin $1-) { echo -a $nick Said your name in $chan }
}

Code:
if $reality > $fiction { set %sanity Sane }
Else { echo -a *voices* }
K
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
K
Go to options (alt-o) -> Highlight -> enable highlighting, hit the add button and type your nick(s) and then select a color and/or a beep/sound effect and/or enable flashing of the mIRC icon in the taskbar.

You can add multiple entries to have different reactions to different words or messages.

S
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
S
Code:
on 1:text:$($+(*,$me,*)):#:.if ($input(Someone looks for you in $chan $+ . Go to that window ?,y)) window -a $chan

I think that's what you want to do, but it's not possible. You can't use $input in events frown

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
You can use a timer.

.timer 1 0 <command> will be triggered right after the event.

Gone.
S
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
S
Oh, yes. That's a very good ideea.
Code:
on 1:text:$($+(*,$me,*)):#:{
  .timer 1 0 _call $chan
}
alias -l _call {
  if ($input(Someone looks for you in $1 $+ . Go to that window ?,y)) window -a $1
}

L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
Quote:
Oh, yes. That's a very good ideea.
Code:
on 1:text:$($+(*,$me,*)):#:{
  .timer 1 0 _call $chan
}
alias -l _call {
  if ($input(Someone looks for you in $1 $+ . Go to that window ?,y)) window -a $1
}

Steffys although thats a very usefull code though it always prompts you even though you are currently in the active window itself... , very nice but i havent found a way to make that work while using a IF command to say if i am on this active window to not execute the $input script command , otherwise i can make something similar in dialog for popup!

Last edited by Lpfix5; 16/08/05 05:15 AM.

Code:
if $reality > $fiction { set %sanity Sane }
Else { echo -a *voices* }
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
I don't know if this would work or not, but what about making the alias read
Code:
 alias -l _call {
if ($active != $1) {
}
}

K
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
K
Code:
alias -l _call {
  if ((!$appactive) || (($active != $1)) {
  }
}

From help file:
$appactive
Returns $true if mIRC is the active application, otherwise it returns $false.

$appstate
Returns the display state of the mIRC window: minimized, maximized, normal, hidden, or tray.

$window(-2).state exists too, but $appstate is better I guess...

S
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
S
Quote:
Code:
alias -l _call {
  if ((!$appactive) || (($active != $1)) {
  }
}

From help file:
$appactive
Returns $true if mIRC is the active application, otherwise it returns $false.

$appstate
Returns the display state of the mIRC window: minimized, maximized, normal, hidden, or tray.

$window(-2).state exists too, but $appstate is better I guess...

I don't think $appactive is a good ideea. The alert should appear even if mirc is active. Also, he didn't say he wants the pop-up to appear only when mirc is not active :P.

K
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
K
The thread started has only given minimal information on what he wanted. Too little to make a decent script without making any assumptions. It can even be that he meant something entirely different but just asked the wrong questions. This can happen because of language problems, laziness, not knowing what he actually wants, unfamiliarity with mIRC or scripting, ... (This is a general comment, I am not saying the thread starter is any or all of the above)

But now to your comment: the only difference between my code and RusselB's (the one I replied to) is that my code will activate mIRC and show a message box when it's minimized and the active channel is the given one. This means, in fact, that with my version, the message box will be shown on more occasions than RusselB's, not less.

if ((!$appactive) || (($active != $1)) means: this test only fails when mIRC is active and the active channel is the correct one, in other words, when he's looking at the same channel he'd be directed to if the popup were to show.

S
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
S
Quote:

Code:

on *:TEXT:*:?: /splay alert.wav

easyily done

but i wouldn't really use it but yeah

and thats the way the scout leader burns

Link Copied to Clipboard