mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#1269 12/12/02 04:10 AM
J
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
J
I dont know how I got Mirc on my computer, but I want it off and I cannot locate the MIRC file on my computer. Is it possibly under another name??? Please help. Thank you.

D
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
D
Do you have a shortcut to your mIRC program? If so, select your shortcut so that it's highlighted, right-click on it and select Properties. It should tell you where the actual program is located.

Dana

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke
F
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
F
what if you dont have the icon on your desk top, but it boots up on startup anyhow? and is not in MSconfig or in the add remove option???? i have the same dam problem

D
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
D
Open the Task Manager. It should give you a list of the programs that are running ... if there is a name there that you don't recognize and that jumps out on you, do a search on your computer for that name. Win.ini and autoexec might also give some insights.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke
F
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
F
I found it. ITs called taskmngr.exe I would have though that was a windows realted program. But I searched for it and it brought up the MIRC icon. It might be called somthing differant on your system. Good luck

S
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
S
You are most likely infected with a virus or trojan. See this thread for lots of information on cleaning your system. I would advise installing anti-virus software and keeping its definitions up to date, and not running programs unless you know what they do.

F
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
F
Hello as I mentioned I did delete the EXE file and that seams to have stopped things especially after useing msconfig to get it out of htere too. BUT BE WARNED. After someone mentioned a possible Trojan alert in a post I had on a similure topic as yours, I double checked my Norton logs. IT found two items called IRC mimic. And 9 NINE!!!! items called Trojan.IrcBounce!!!! I would DEFINATLY look into some anti-virus software. Especially if you dont recall downloading Mirc to start with!!

F
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
F
Oh one more called...two more called backdoorIRCFlood!!!! You need anti-Virus man. I used Norton 2003 pro if your curiouse. Not all that pricey, and there are always other routes. Either way I'd act fast

F
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
F
Also Known As: Backdoor.IRC.Flood.i, Backdoor.IRC.Flood.f
Type: Trojan Horse
Infection Length: multiple files
This causes to Trojan to run when Windows starts.
Backdoor functionality
This backdoor gives a hacker unlimited access to your computer.

IRC.Mimic is an mIRC script which may cause infected computers to participate in Distributed Denial of Service attacks.

Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks are performed from multiple attack servers remotely controllable by the hacker. Before the attacker can launch a DDoS attack, he or she must gain full access to the computers that will be used as attack servers. This can be implemented through a Backdoor Trojan installation. To deliver and execute the Backdoor Trojan on a remote machine, hackers create HTML-pages with the viral scripts capable to drop and run Backdoor Trojans, spread the Trojan-carrying email messages, place the Backdoor Trojans in USENET newsgroups, distribute them over IRC channels, or write other viruses that drop and execute Backdoor Trojans.

Trojan.IrcBounce is the detection for a collection of programs that a hacker can use to conceal intrusion and obtain administrator-level access to Microsoft Windows environments. These programs can be used to attack Windows environments that

Taskmngr.exe is actually Mirc32.exe version 5. 7. shocked confusedThe Trojan uses this file to run all of its mIRC scripts, including Dll32.hlp, Dll32NT.hlp, Xvpll.hlp, Httpsearch.ini, and NT32.ini.

This is what I had exactly

F
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
F

Link Copied to Clipboard