mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Z
Zeusbwr Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
Z
Ok, well to put it simply, im going to be goofin with an external program that connects to irc.

Simple a bot for various tasks but giving me theability to code it in C++/# and not mIRC (i used to code mirc, but im branchin out so to say).

However, i simply need to make it possible for someone to connect via the direct link to my server client, how does mIRC do this?

I dont need to know the fine details, but like is it simply a client->server socket connection? if so, any weird port or anything i should be aware of?

The server bot will be a bit weird, it will be able to support 3 clients, or 4 of you count the actual IRC server as one. The actual programmed client-> server transactions will most likely use simple sockets are i use now, TCP/IP (and possibly UDP), however it all depends on what mIRC uses for that direct link thing, if it uses some other means i may just make all the clients do the same thing.

But long story short, i want people using mIRC to be able to connect to my server just as they would another person over that private connection thing (its been so long i forget exactly what its called, DCC?),

So, how does mIRC do it, simple Sockets? please say yes! lol

Thanks for any replies!

T
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
T
PRIVMSG NickName :DCC CHAT chat your_long_ip port_for_acceptence

Not sure if that shows correctly, the message board keeps messing up when I paste.

But, that's what it shows in /debug when the /dcc chat command is used.

I couldn't get the reply message, if there is any, it didn't show one.

B
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
B
PRIVMSG <nickname> :\x01DCC CHAT CHAT <your ip in long format> <port>\x01

\x01 == ascii character 1 in hex value

-borgx

Link Copied to Clipboard