mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
B
BNX Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
B
It's an mIRC script helper I am still making, but its good enough for a beta release. Please post suggestions and bugs.
Some of you more advanced mIRC coders will find this program useless (atleast until I implement a debugger ^_^) But right now it's geared toward new scripters who feel the need to ask a lot of questions, this program offers guidance to those who aren't familiar with mIRC syntax.

Basically, it is a script editor with buttons that help with functions. O.o

#### Known Bugs ####
- Buttons insert text at the end of the script.
- Goto button lags slower computers.

#### Future Plans ####
**** Fixing up appearance.
**** Tutorial with sample scripts.
** File browser for open/save
* Autoupdate
* Debugger (If possible without recreating mIRC)
* mIRC port.

Please post here for bugs and feature requests.

Download 568kb

Last edited by BNX; 07/08/05 12:00 AM.
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
A suggestion, that I know I would find helpful, is something like the { ? } which checks for missing curly braces, but have it for the regular brackets ( ).

I quite often find that I'll forget a ) especially if the line has a lot of ( ) in it.

T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
That suggestion is much harder than it first seems since there's quite a lot to take into account:

var %a = (())) - fine.
$regex($chr(41),/\)/) - fine (I mean fine in that it doesn't error, not fine in that it matches smile)
echo -a (())) - fine.

etc..

New username: hixxy
B
BNX Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
B
Yeah, that is something that would be used in the debugger. If such a thing is even possible without rewriting the whole scripting engine.

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
Those feature buttons seem very specific.. What about things like sockread etc? Might not be useful for many scripting applications

I think it would be better to think about something like command completion (with parameter info) rather than a defined set of functions that are shown.. would make the program more general purpose

oh and syntax highlighting and code indentation would be nice too

good start

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
B
BNX Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
B
I had planned on syntax highlighting but I totally forgot until I released. It will be in the next version for sure.

I'll enhance the socket features a bit, thanks for the suggestions.

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
sockets were really an out of the hat pick on some random feature

what about things like hash tables (thats a big one), dll calling, binary variables, file handlers (/fopen), $mid/$left/$right, token support, etc.

theres tons of important scripting functions that are more important than things like "Date" and need to be dealt with..i feel like it will be hard to fit those all into the interace

*edit*
oh and the evaluation brackets are kind of useless since [ ] doesnt really have any affect in a script... you should chuck them for $eval(), easier to use and nicer to look at

Last edited by argv0; 10/08/05 07:09 PM.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
I
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
I
Not always, i always find using [ ] brakets easier, if you were to use $eval in somthing like:

echo -a % [ % [ $+ [ $calc($len($nick) - 5) ] ] $+ . $+ [ $chan ] $+ [ $address($nick,2) ] ],
it would be horible in $()'s :
echo -a $+(%,$($+(%, ect i cant get started on it, its giving me a headache
:tongue:

Vogon poet
Vogon poet
There is a problem. When you click cancel, the event appears always into the BOX.
I think this:
When you click OK, show the event into the BOX, but if you click cancel, nothing will display. shocked

D
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
D
I gave this a try. I liked the apeearance, I found the purple background easier to look at than white wink.
The "on dialog" pops up with :#:, would be good if this was fixed.

TeeJay

TeeJay

Link Copied to Clipboard