mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#126399 29/07/05 03:30 AM
C
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
C
Here is the message I get trying to connect to a channel I participate in: unable to join channel (address is banned)
I have been away from IRC for so long that I can not remember the commands. Could someone give me a hint on how to memo someone or even see who is on channel so I can msg them. I am sure the ban is sometype of wide address ban and not directed at me. Thanks.

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
If the ban is for a single channel/room, rather than the network, here are a few possibilties for you to try.

1) If the network has chanserv capabilities, type /msg chanserv info <channel name> and note who the founder is.
Once you have the founder's nick, you can try pming (/msg) them, or if they aren't online and memoserv is available, try sending them a message via memoserv. For more info on sending a message via memoserv use /msg memoserv help

2) Join the local help channel (#help) and ask there for assistance. While most networks state that sysops (IRCops) won't get involved in room bans, quite often they will listen and try to resolve the situation.

If this is a network ban, then try accessing the networks webpage.

I make no promises or guarantees that any of these will help.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Usually you can also do /who #channel . This only shows people who aren't invisible, but usually you can find *someone* that way and then manage to get them to tell you an op's nick for you to contact.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net

Link Copied to Clipboard