#12401 22/02/03 11:51 AM
V
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
V
I haven't thought about it much, but wouldn't this be usefull:
on output event, which triggers when something is sent to the server
NOT byt the user, I know that there's already an event that does that, but by the SCRIPT
one simple use for such event: on *:output:halt - and you're sure the script you downloaded wouldn't send your password smile
well, for this to work there should be only 1 on output event in all scripts i guess
dunno smile
just think about the idea

And all I need now is intellectual intercourse, a soul to dig the hole much deeper
#12402 23/02/03 05:59 AM
H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
/help Signals

DALnet: #HelpDesk and #m[color:#FF0000]IR[color:#EEEE00]C
#12403 23/02/03 01:27 PM
V
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
V
you're missing the point here
In order to use signals I have to put them in each alias/remote
althought that can be done, imagine what it would be to redo a script of 56587889679583 aliases/events
on the other hand, the example i gave was about using unknown code
so if I'm not very familiar with mirc scripting, there is almost no way to find out what the script does, or how to avoid different harmfull behaviour
now imagine ppl can solve problems like this by simply putting an on *:output:return
or even better, on *:output:echo -a This script tried to send to the server the following lines: $1-
this will ot only improve security, it can also help to debug and/or learn scripting
and since we have on input that allows us to change USER output, doesn't it makes sence to have an event that allows to change script (or even mIRC's bouiltin!) output

And all I need now is intellectual intercourse, a soul to dig the hole much deeper

Link Copied to Clipboard