mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
N
Nodren Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
N
I currently have FireFox set as my default browser, i've gone into firefox settings to confirm this(by chosing to make it default), i can click on an url from anywhere else and firefox opens, but mIRC opens my links in IE. why?

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Make sure you're using the latest version of mIRC, and not mIRC 6.03. There is a bug in that version.

Make sure that you're not running any scripts that may be forcing mIRC to use IE. Type /!remote off and then click a link.

If neither of those suggestions apply to you, try using a script to force mIRC to use Ff.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
N
Nodren Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
N
i'm an adept mIRC scripter, i use 6.16 and every script inside of my copy of mIRC i personally wrote. i guess that means this is some sort of bug?

Thanks for the suggestion about the script to fix the issue... its ugly but it's convient enough to work.

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
No, it must be something on your side, nobody else has this issue. 99% of those that do have the issue fixed by the above solutions. I too use 6.16 and have since the day it was released, and I use Ff, and never had an issue.

Perhaps something's gone wrong in your registry? I think I've seen that as another suggestion somewhere.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
A
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
A
I've been having this problem off and on with every version 6.x I've ever used. Nothing I've tried nor anything anyone has suggested has ever helped. However, it only seems to do this under NT (NT4, 2000, XP). Don't know if this helps or not, but it is an actual problem.

Link Copied to Clipboard